British Airways LHR Disaster

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 8, 2018
I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and apologize for the late response. Finally, after communicating a few times with a couple of BA reps and correcting their errors, I was able to get all my out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed. I would suggest that anyone in a similar situation continue to pursue their claim, save all their receipts and escalate as needed.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and apologize for the late response. Finally, after communicating a few times with a couple of BA reps and correcting their errors, I was able to get all my out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed. I would suggest that anyone in a similar situation continue to pursue their claim, save all their receipts and escalate as needed.
Excellent news, Jo! I just re-read your original post and I cannot imagine what you went through trying to get home. I wish we could take out national ads informing people about "how things are" nowadays with airlines. The way passengers are treated is almost criminal. Bring your own food for starters ... four hours on a plan with nothing to eat? Ridiculous. Kudos for your patience and persistence.