Brake Rod spring discontinued! Sears Craftsman riding mower

  • Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 2, 2019
I'm asking Sears Holding Corporate to put this spring, part number 532140921 back into production. Original part number, 140921.
It is called a brake rod spring. It also operates the clutch, can't move forward or reverse! It only costs $3.30!
Send me the detailed print including the type of material, size, length, width, and I'll get a manufacturer to have it made myself...


Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Ken George Given that Sears is back in bankruptcy and they've sold off most of their assets, you might want to reach out to a local, old school mower shop. They might know of a replacement part for you.
  • Like
Reactions: Neil Maley


Mar 14, 2018
Sears never manufactured any of their Craftsman brand products. Their riding mowers were made by Husqvarna, who used that part in a number of their models. It is no longer manufactured, but if you call Husqvarna they may still have some in stock.


Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Most large hardware and home supply stores will have a large selection of springs, including sets of many different sizes. You can probably find the same or similar spring there. You may even find it on Amazon. If the part is no longer manufactured, you also may find new old stock as suggested above, either at Husquvarna headquarters or at a local dealer. If you really want it, Husqvarna can probably get you the specs.