Bookit.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2019
Hi Everyone!
Hotel package booked with book it for Jamaica this coming February 2020. Seven Guest are booked under the same reservation three out of those seven Guest have a medical emergency and have to remove themselves from the reservation. Office notes erase thaHotel package booked with book it for Jamaica this coming February 2020. Seven guest are booked under the same reservation three out of those seven guest have a medical emergency and have to remove them self from the reservation. I called book it on Sunday and spoke with someone for 10 minutes regarding this reservation they told me there was nothing I could do and that they would have a manager called me back. I never heard back from that manager I called back again on Tuesday and spoke with two different people for over a half hour long and which they said it’s no problem to cancel. They explained it would just be a $25 fee and that I had till February 3 before reaching a penalty. they told me I would not need to cancel and rebook the reservation that I could just modify those three guest. I then called back yesterday and spoke with three different people at over an hour and a half long the names are as followed Shelomett Lewin and Levis. We can provide all medical office notes to excuse us from this trip but these two people listed above explain to me that I did not understand the policy. They explained that it doesn’t matter if you have a medical emergency you just lose all your money! They told me I would have to cancel the reservation and rebook it for a difference of $15 even though we were moving three people that were charge $530 each and we were dropping an entire room. But none of that matters even with a medical note. I asked Shelomett Lewin For corporate information where she proceeded to give me fake numbers that do not work and just rerouted me back to the same customer service agent that did absolutely nothing to help me. I’ve never ever dealt with such a company that does not even give a travel credit with medical office note I’m absolutely disgusted in this money hungry company. The last agent I spoke with basically told me to do the nice thing and lose my money so my other friends can enjoy their trip without it having extra cost at the expense of three of us going to a a medical emergency with our family losing over $1500. At this point we have come to no resolution nor are they even interested in helping in resolving this.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
How do three people all have a medical emergency for a trip in February?

Did you book non refundable rates? If you did, did you buy travel insurance or does your credit card offer it? You need travel insurance for a refund. They are correct.

We have company contacts for Book it:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/bookit-com/

You can give it a try but without travel insurance - you may be stuck.

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
One thing is unclear to me. They have offered to "cancel and re-book for a difference of $15". That is a small amount compared to the total.

Why does that option not work for you? The loss would not then be $1500 plus . . .

Nov 14, 2019
One thing is unclear to me. They have offered to "cancel and re-book for a difference of $15". That is a small amount compared to the total.

Why does that option not work for you? The loss would not then be $1500 plus . . .
If you read what I wrote they offered to cancel and rebook at higher rates.... with a difference of $15 from the first booking. So I’d be losing $1500+ Removing the 3 people and a room.

Nov 14, 2019
How do three people all have a medical emergency for a trip in February?

Did you book non refundable rates? If you did, did you buy travel insurance or does your credit card offer it? You need travel insurance for a refund. They are correct.

We have company contacts for Book it:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/bookit-com/

You can give it a try but without travel insurance - you may be stuck.
We are all related and have medical notes to provide. I do not need to get in detail any more than that regarding that issue. We booked refundable rooms. They said they would cancel and rebook the room at the higher rates so we would loose what those three people paid and their room.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think the issue is that you received rates based on 7 people which are often lower than for four.

If they are refundable rates, it doesn’t matter why you are canceling but you are voiding the contract you entered into- you received pricing for 7 people and now are only traveling with four- an adjustment is due.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Mggeorgoudis, if your booking is refundable, then you do have three choices:

1) Leave the reservation as is so the other members going can enjoy it and possibly try to file a claim with your insurance (assuming you have travel insurance that will cover this.)

2) Change the current reservation and pay the difference, ; or

3) Obtain a full refund and allow the others to rebook their trip either with this company or find another.

Unfortunately, the last option is probably going to be the best you are going to get, but Neil provided the company contacts you can try to write them to see if you can get more favorable terms as a possible goodwill gesture.

Jul 30, 2018
I think the issue is that you received rates based on 7 people which are often lower than for four.

If they are refundable rates, it doesn’t matter why you are canceling but you are voiding the contract you entered into- you received pricing for 7 people and now are only traveling with four- an adjustment is due.
Yep, if you cancel your current reservation then you will lose the pricing based on 7 persons. A new reservation will be based on the current prices (which may have increased since you booked) and number of persons.