Bookit.Com Deceiving Resort with Misrepresentation of room categories along with Resort not correcting issues upon arrival and throughout

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 6, 2015
And the difference is in your favor for the Ocean Front room:

Wherein it says:​
"If you choose to stay in an ocean front room that means your room will face the ocean and offer one of the resort’s best views.Although an ocean front room is more expensive, it can be worth it, especially if you’re on vacation."​
and also this site . . .​

Wherein it says:​
"An ocean view room means you will be able to see the ocean from your room, but you may have to look hard to find it.​
"Oceanfront room means your room will face the ocean and offer the best views."​

I pointed this out as encouragement for your case. Specifically, I suggest you explain this to bookit when you appeal (that the Yucatan could have given you an "Oceanfront" room) . . .

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
FOR ALL OUR READERS: I use online booking services for research, then I book direct after checking the reviews. Sometimes I drill down into the online service website to see the various rooms available and the cost difference. I have never found accurate information on the online service's website. They have few details and it's impossible to know what you would actually be booking. Don't use these services to book hotels, book directly with the hotel after doing your research.