Booking.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 14, 2019
My son was to be married in Italy on 10th September. So in January my wife and I joined Booking.com. I booked Casa bella Via Corrado Venini 154 Piano secondo 23829 Varenna and used my visa card. We did not receive a confirmation email so started to look at other venues round about June/July.
My son raised concerns about the first booking and so we emailed bookin.com informing them that we booked an apartment in July and we thought it was the aforementioned Casa bella and could you please cancel it.Booking.com asked for more information, so we informed them that we did not have the Confirmation or Pin number because we didn’t receive the Confirmation email ’however’ we sent my email, dates address/apartment, and names as requested by B.com.
In the meantime my wife and I booked a different apartment with her credit card and received confirmation immediately, we subsequently cancelled this apartment for another as my other son wanted to come. We booked a larger apartment and also received confirmation straight away.
We sent B.com numerous emails and four phone calls which came to nothing.
In August I checked my bank balance and was shocked to find that £225 had been taken out of my account by Booking.com. Thinking it was a scam I phoned my bank because the transaction was in Amsterdam. The first I knew it was Casa bella was an email I received on 4th September from Casa bella via Booking.com informing me I had paid in full. I spoke to someone at B.com and they fobbed me of with excuses of ‘typos’ and misspelled email address. I tried to email them but they just ignore them. Someone at booking.com made a big mistake! All I want is the money back. Any ideas?

Sep 19, 2015
What an unpleasant experience.

When you joined Booking.com did you register with an email address? Does your wife have her own Booking.com account?

I am trying to figure out what happened. When one registers with an email, and signs in to booking.com, all the past reservations are visible -- cancelled and the reservations used.

But what I do not understand is the timeline.

Joined Booking in Jan 2018 and reserved the Casa Bella in Varenna. (So in January my wife and I joined Booking.com. I booked Casa bella Via Corrado Venini 154 Piano secondo 23829 Varenna and used my visa card. )

Then start looking again in June/July 2018?

You contact Booking and tell them that you made a reservation in July and you think it is the Casa Bella -- (we emailed bookin.com informing them that we booked an apartment in July and we thought it was the aforementioned Casa bella and could you please cancel it )

Did the reservation ever show up on your profile page?

Here is an example of a cancelled reservation from my profile -- I crossed out the name of the hotel as there was nothing wrong with the hotel, I just changed plans.

I think you need to clarify the narrative and timeline and then write to the executives.

Attachments

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry you were charged for the first booking and I hope you are able to recover at least some of it. You were a no-show at the hotel, and your accommodations stood empty. When using an online booking service, one must be super-careful about the details. You can't count on them to help, having the relevant information is vital. You can't just assume the booking wasn't made if you didn't get a confirmation number. These services thrive on numbers and have little customer care available. I hope that the hotel will consider a refund.

Sep 14, 2019

When you joined Booking.com did you register with an email address? Does your wife have her own Booking.com account?

I am trying to figure out what happened. When one registers with an email, and signs in to booking.com, all the past reservations are visible -- cancelled and the reservations used.

Joined Booking in Jan 2018 and reserved the Casa Bella in Varenna. (So in January my wife and I joined Booking.com. I booked Casa bella Via Corrado Venini 154 Piano secondo 23829 Varenna and used my visa card. )

You contact Booking and tell them that you made a reservation in July and you think it is the Casa Bella -- (we emailed bookin.com informing them that we booked an apartment in July and we thought it was the aforementioned Casa bella and could you please cancel it )

Here is an example of a cancelled reservation from my profile -- I crossed out the name of the hotel as there was nothing wrong with the hotel, I just changed plans.

I think you need to clarify the narrative and timeline and then write to the executives.

Hi christina. thanks for your reply. yes I registered with my email. My wife does not have an account with them. Any reservations we made or cancelled are visible apart from Casa Bella, 154 Piano Secondo, I keep typing the address because there are two casa bella's in Varenna.
With respect I don't know where you got 2018 from....we joined/signed up in January 2019 as a way of looking at apartments in Varenna.
We started looking again in June/July, before that it was a case of looking at flights, and wasn't to sure if my other son was coming.
The reservation did not show up until September, when of course it was to late.
I noticed something on the reservation from Casa Bella informing me that I had paid in full, that I didn't notice before.... and that is Booking.com sent casa bella my email address and there where two extra numbers!
So someone at B.Com cocked up big style.
Iv'e sent the CEO an email, also customer service'however' to date thy are ignoring my emails.

Sep 14, 2019
I'm sorry you were charged for the first booking and I hope you are able to recover at least some of it. You were a no-show at the hotel, and your accommodations stood empty. When using an online booking service, one must be super-careful about the details. You can't count on them to help, having the relevant information is vital. You can't just assume the booking wasn't made if you didn't get a confirmation number. These services thrive on numbers and have little customer care available. I hope that the hotel will consider a refund.
Hi Thanks for your reply. Booking.com must of realised they made a mistake and emailed casa bella to waiver the fees 'however' the worm is not for turning! Guess i'm £225 down because someone typed my email address wrong.
Hey how, you live and learn.

Sep 19, 2015
Sorry the 2018 was a typo.

I would follow Neil’s advice and start writing to the executives.

Do you travel a lot? Would you accept a credit voucher from Booking?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Sorry the 2018 was a typo.

I would follow Neil’s advice and start writing to the executives.

Do you travel a lot? Would you accept a credit voucher from Booking?
Agree, agree with the idea of a credit voucher from the online service. Travel providers loathe giving customers their money back. A voucher is less painful for them. Super suggestion.

Last edited: