Booked the wrong date and I'm afraid I won't get my refund or date change!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 21, 2019
Recently booked Doubletree resort for Hollywood Beach, Florida. Didn't know the date mistake until recently and now I'm not sure if I'll get the date change as requested or a refund. I tried contacting Priceline and the hotel's customer service, however, both couldn't get in contact with each other for this resolution. The problem is becoming an endless "back and forth" and I don't want to lose $1,700 due to a booking date mistake.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
The hotel will not help you if you made the reservation through Priceline. You will have to deal with Priceline directly.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
My colleagues are right ... but very occasionally we see a miracle. Send Priceline a polite, concise email and "beg them" to change the date. It's an extremely long shot, but remotely possible. And please, stop booking travel on these online sites. Had you booked direct (your hotel is one of my favorites) Doubletree may have been able to do something. With an online booking service, especially one of the "cheapest rate" websites, you don't have much chance. I'm so sorry.

I just wrote an article for International Travel News outlining the various ways that travellers can get into trouble ... not carefully reviewing everything immediately is a major problem ... it's almost as important for hotels now as it is for an airline tix. When you receive a confirmation or an email, open it immediately.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My colleagues are right ... but very occasionally we see a miracle. Send Priceline a polite, concise email and "beg them" to change the date. It's an extremely long shot, but remotely possible. And please, stop booking travel on these online sites. Had you booked direct (your hotel is one of my favorites) Doubletree may have been able to do something. With an online booking service, especially one of the "cheapest rate" websites, you don't have much chance. I'm so sorry.

I just wrote an article for International Travel News outlining the various ways that travellers can get into trouble ... not carefully reviewing everything immediately is a major problem ... it's almost as important for hotels now as it is for an airline tix. When you receive a confirmation or an email, open it immediately.
You also need to watch what you are booking. The cheapest rates are often non refundable Nd non changesble and a terrible option - and when you make a mistake you can kiss your money goodbye.

Feb 21, 2019
Hello everyone, thank you for your support and help throughout this! I have good news, I've been in contact with Priceline for 3 days and I'm happy to say things got resolved and I'll soon receive my full refund within 24 hours from now. Hope was almost lost, however, I managed it professionally and it's ending smoothly!

However, I recently tried to book rooms from the hotel's site this time, but there weren't any rooms available for my date. It's a shame since Doubletree looked like a marvelous hotel to be staying in, yet in the end, I'd rather lose those rooms than my money. Thank you all for your time and support! I'll be looking for a new hotel.

Feb 21, 2019
In the future, CAREFULLY check the rate you are booking to make sure it’s not a nonrefundable rate. That’s where we get complaints - when people want to save $30 and choose a nonrefundable rate and realize they made a mistake .
I will, I’ve learned my mistake very well.