Blue Panorama

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 25, 2018
Can anyone tell me whether an Airline (specifically Blue Panoma) has the right to insist on the second Christian name appearing on the ticket when flying domestically within Italy (I am an Australian passport holder)? They forced me to pay 80 euro or I would be denied boarding.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Do they want to do charge you because you have no middle name?

It seems this is a way of making money:

The airline's way of making money is by making you pay a120€ fine (60€ each way) for not writing your middle while booking your flight, even thought the option was never given during the booking! After going on Tripadvisor I realised that hundreds of people got cheated the same way!! It's nothing less than organised crime and nothing is being done to stop it!!!
It ended up costing me twice as much as flying with a decent airline!!! So this was the first and the last time I ever fly with them!

Read more about « Total scam!!! Never again!! »

Sep 19, 2015
Are you saying your middle name was missing from the ticket and it is on your passport?

What does your passport list and what did the ticket have as a name?

Sep 19, 2015
Do they want to do charge you because you have no middle name?

It seems this is a way of making money:

The airline's way of making money is by making you pay a120€ fine (60€ each way) for not writing your middle while booking your flight, even thought the option was never given during the booking! After going on Tripadvisor I realised that hundreds of people got cheated the same way!! It's nothing less than organised crime and nothing is being done to stop it!!!
It ended up costing me twice as much as flying with a decent airline!!! So this was the first and the last time I ever fly with them!

Read more about « Total scam!!! Never again!! »

Well I just tried to book on the English language portal of the website and it says

FIRST And MIDDLE NAME (if any)
LAST NAME

Not sure if this is new but there is a place for first and middle names to match passport

The Italian version has
NOMI (names and in plural)
COGNOME (last name)

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
My passport has a middle name and it didn't appear on the airline ticket (booked through my travel agent)
Did your travel agent have a copy of your passport when the ticket was booked? If not, it was your responsibility to make sure that the agent had all of the information needed to book your tickets. When booking international air tickets it is essential to have the passports (or copies)of all people (including your spouse and children) on the booking in front of you before making the booking. "Simple" errors not caught prior to the final booking process can become extremely expensive or lead to denied boarding at the airport.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Yes my passport has a middle name and it didn't appear on the airline ticket (booked through my travel agent)
Did you give your middle name to the Travel agent when he or she booked the ticket? If you did, then your travel agent should be paying the fee for not adding it to the ticket. If you didn’t- it’s on you for not providing the name exactly as it reads.

Good luck with the flight.