Bills and credit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 22, 2018
On February 19 I received a 30$ discount toward my bill in which the supervisor i spoke with applied it to my account that day. I paid the amount required for the month with the credit active. This month of March the 30$ appears as a balance on my account. So they aren't honoring the credit given. They want me to pay the 30$ along with the regular full priced bill. I inquired about this with 3 other direct TV employees who were rude about the situation and even suggest I find another cable provider. For 3 years I've paid the bill on time. I am elderly on a fixed income so I would greatly appreciate this situation being straightened out, for the credit to be honored and my bill to be correct. What can be done?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
On February 19 I received a 30$ discount toward my bill in which the supervisor i spoke with applied it to my account that day. I paid the amount required for the month with the credit active. This month of March the 30$ appears as a balance on my account. So they aren't honoring the credit given. They want me to pay the 30$ along with the regular full priced bill. I inquired about this with 3 other direct TV employees who were rude about the situation and even suggest I find another cable provider. For 3 years I've paid the bill on time. I am elderly on a fixed income so I would greatly appreciate this situation being straightened out, for the credit to be honored and my bill to be correct. What can be done?
Oh dear, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Best to use our Company Contacts and send a polite, concise email to Customer Service first. Wait two weeks, then submit an email to each executive up the ladder, waiting a week between each submission. Remember that the person reading your email didn't cause the problem, so it's important to be polite and "assume" this is just a clerical error and can be fixed easily. Good luck, and please let us know the outcome.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@Jackie_b our company contacts are located at the top of this page. Also on the Company Contacts page is a link to proven strategies for a resolution. Please read that prior to sending your email. Our process generally works. Please let us know your progress.