Billed after cancelation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 15, 2021
I was hoping someone here or that maybe T-Mobile screens these threads. Essentially I was billed for two months of service after I called and canceled. Here's my timeline

2019 Purchased plan for use in post-Hurricane Dorian where I needed to communicate with US officials and other Non-Government Organizations.

2020 I no longer used the line and canceled service July 21 (notes of cancellation etc are in T-Mobiles records)

September still getting bills, called to clarify and had a 3 way call Me, Sprint, T-Mobile. everything was confirmed canceled and that I owe nothing. (T-Moble or sprint have no record that this call even happened).
Still getting collection notices etc

24 Jan spoke with representative Ivy ID 1395944 and assured we owe nothing, apologized, and would get a confirmation via email (ref number 51378730)

2021 Feb 2 we get a new collection notice and disputed it with them after telling our story. The collection agency said all they could do was mark it disputed and it's in T-Mobiles hands.

14 Feb 4 hrs on the phone with T-Mobile and am told by a Rodger Sr manager (ID 81346) we owe the money and nothing at all can be done other than sending a fax to corporate and hope someone gets back to us. He would not provide his number or the number to Corporate Relations.

At this point, I have about 8 hrs of time on the phone since 2019 trying to resolve this, and T-Mobile has surpassed the 174.00 bill just paying people to not resolve this. The T-Moble help desk number punts automatically to Sprint as well, so I have to explain everything to them then they can't find the account and then back on hold for a punt to T-Moble.

Thanks for any input,
Jesse

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
The challenge for you is that your communications have been by phone. Written proof is really needed to dispute this.

However, you can try escalating your issue using the contacts provided in this link: T-Mobile
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
politely state only what they "need to know" in order to understand your experience and your request quickly (3-5 minutes)
offer to provide documentation at a later time as some technology systems will quarantine emails that contain attachments

Please take the time to update this thread as you progress toward a resolution. Your feedback is important

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021
The challenge for you is that your communications have been by phone. Written proof is really needed to dispute this.

However, you can try escalating your issue using the contacts provided in this link: T-Mobile
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
politely state only what they "need to know" in order to understand your experience and your request quickly (3-5 minutes)
offer to provide documentation at a later time as some technology systems will quarantine emails that contain attachments
Thanks! I do have reference numbers for each call so that helps when they are going over an issue. For instance, they have a record of request to cancel, they just never did it. They also have phone notes that a mid-level T mobile rep agreed that it was their mistake and the charge would be removed.

Reactions: VoR61

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thanks! I do have reference numbers for each call so that helps when they are going over an issue. For instance, they have a record of request to cancel, they just never did it. They also have phone notes that a mid-level T mobile rep agreed that it was their mistake and the charge would be removed.
As VoR states, you need to handle this in writing. Phone call reference numbers are not helpful, as you have experienced.

Reactions: VoR61
Feb 15, 2021
As VoR states, you need to handle this in writing. Phone call reference numbers are not helpful, as you have experienced.
Yup, I'm speaking with the Executive Response team right now. Their argument is that I was the authorized user, not the owner that's why my attempts at cancelation failed in June 2019, and my spouse had to call on 21 July to close the account. During that conversation, the T-Mobile employee changed ownership to me and then did the cancelation and that's why it didn't go through. However, they are saying because Emily was not the owner and I used one call during the billing period on 20 July (to T-mobile user verification), per the T-mobile tech requests, that I'm responsible for July-Aug billing cycles. 20 July was the last time the SIM pinged a tower. Turns out the only real reason my service was shut down was that in July I turned off autopay.

I may see if they will just prorate up until my last usage since Ive gotten so many conflicting answers from them and I obviously thought it was shut off by not using the service and our call logs.