Best Western

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 1, 2020
Hello,
Best Western Customer Care File xxxxxxxx
I visited Best Western Heritage in Houston on 11-16.
I left a shirt there which they found and tried to get it returned, that's when the problems started.
I sent them my information, they didn't "get" it.
Sent it again. Had to send in a form.
Didn't have a CVV slot, so I didn't put it down.
They needed it, so I sent it. Wasn't put on the form
so I sent it again, after 6 weeks they tell me to be patient, but I get tired of waiting.
I write corporate, they tell me I need to send them my address.
I send corporate all the emails from the hotel.
They say they are sorry please send the address again.
I tell them to read the emails, they say we are sorry please send the address again.
Emailed corporate 6 times, every time sorry please resend information.
All the delays are for a reason, AMEX flags my account, they have been issuing fraudulent charges on my amex card since
I sent them the information. I cancel the card, so the charges stop, now they say I can't get the shirt because after 7 weeks
and still no shirt, the $300 dollars they stole is not enough to send the shirt. they need a new credit card number.
and they need my address again. I will not give them my amex number again.
yes I copied my emails to the managers on your web site, their response, we're sorry, please resend the information.
Please help, thank you

Edited by moderator to remove case number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Already disputed, gave them managers info, not sure if they are pressing charges yet.
What do you mean pressing charges? AMEX will dispute the charge and the hotel will have 45 days to reply. If Amex finds in your favor, you get the money back permanently. There are no charges filed.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
What do you mean pressing charges? AMEX will dispute the charge and the hotel will have 45 days to reply. If Amex finds in your favor, you get the money back permanently. There are no charges filed.
I think @openh2o thinks that someone at BW will be charged with stealing because of the fraudulent charges.
From past and current experience, I can tell you that as the defrauded party, you will never know what goes on between AMEX and Best Western.
It’s all ‘private.’

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I’m wondering if OP was really dealing with BW or a hacker.
I would also be concerned that this was a "freelance" operation by a clerk or someone else at BW who has been enjoying the use of someone's credit card. This sounds very much like the common internet fraud where you are asked to send progressive amounts of money to release the gold or currency left in Iraq or other similar scams.
https://www.news5cleveland.com/mone...scam-from-company-claiming-to-be-in-cleveland

Mar 23, 2015
Hello,
Best Western Customer Care File xxxxxxxx
I visited Best Western Heritage in Houston on 11-16.
I left a shirt there which they found and tried to get it returned, that's when the problems started.
I sent them my information, they didn't "get" it.
Sent it again. Had to send in a form.
Didn't have a CVV slot, so I didn't put it down.
They needed it, so I sent it. Wasn't put on the form
so I sent it again, after 6 weeks they tell me to be patient, but I get tired of waiting.
I write corporate, they tell me I need to send them my address.
I send corporate all the emails from the hotel.
They say they are sorry please send the address again.
I tell them to read the emails, they say we are sorry please send the address again.
Emailed corporate 6 times, every time sorry please resend information.
All the delays are for a reason, AMEX flags my account, they have been issuing fraudulent charges on my amex card since
I sent them the information. I cancel the card, so the charges stop, now they say I can't get the shirt because after 7 weeks
and still no shirt, the $300 dollars they stole is not enough to send the shirt. they need a new credit card number.
and they need my address again. I will not give them my amex number again.
yes I copied my emails to the managers on your web site, their response, we're sorry, please resend the information.
Please help, thank you

Edited by moderator to remove case number.
Well part of the problem is you're dealing with corporate. Corporate doesn't have your shirt. The Houston location does. They shouldn't have needed your credit card. I left my favorite ankle boots in a hotel in OKC, and called and they used my CC on file to send them to me the following week--I provided no further information other than verifying the mailing address they had on file was the correct shipping address. My friend left her robe at the Hilton in Tampa and they FedEx'd using the credit card on file to the address on file. No muss no fuss, (except that we'd checked in at the same time and our card was put on their room and vice versa, so my friend reimbursed me the $95 charged to me). I'm baffled as to why the multiple times sending information to BW corporate, when your CC and address information should have already been on file with hotel you stayed at.

May 30, 2019
Agreeing with everything above. Also, to the OP ...

What are the specific email addresses you are using for correspondence? If gmail or anything other than the corporate domains, that's a huge red flag. You may want to see how they compare to the executive contacts that elliott.org might have.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Alas, this is a situation of a lost shirt. They don't have the shirt, nobody knows where it is. They knew where it was at some point, but now it's disappeared. When you leave something somewhere, getting it back is a wonderful miracle. Most Best Western hotels are individually owned and/or operated. Companies may own/operate many of them, but corporate does not own/operate the hotels. The hotel and corporate are just waiting for you to get tired and go away.

Dec 19, 2014
100% agree with @Mel65. This does not sound like you are dealing with anyone from BW or corporate.

I have accidently left personal items at a hotel. What happens is:
a) the item is lost and never found again
b) the item is found and the HOTEL contacts you (they have your information) and arranges to have the item returned. Sometimes they hotel will pay for the shipping to return the item. Sometimes, the hotel will bill the shipping to the credit card on file.

I have never encountered a situation where a form needs to be filled out, especially by corporate. As much as I dislike BW (I have my personal reasons), corporate has better things to do than to steal your personal information.

This should be a simple solution. Contact and write the general manager of the hotel. Corporate will have nothing to do with returning your shirt. All they are doing is relaying your messages to the hotel properoty.

Feb 10, 2017
From the hotel side of it - this sounds fishy. I do not like the idea of the card having been used at this hotel after the guest left but after the guest asked for his shirt to be sent. I can't say there is anything illegal going on, just odd.

Also, we would never contact a guest and say hey you forgot your "XXX". We wait until the guest contacts us. The reason is simple, privacy. If we call your home or work and say you left a shirt, dress, tie, whatever at Hotel Happy in Walla Walla and your spouse/boss thought you were in DC at headquarters' it could cause some problems. Add to that, any of the hotels I managed or that were within our management company, there was no charge to send items back to a guest. There were exceptions at times such as a large suitcase or such, but they were rare.