Best Buy and their return policy The Retail Equation (TRE)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Good news today. The Best Buy Corp office called me. We had a great conversation. He is taking these items off my report. I’m good to go.
Thank you guys for all your help and support.
What a great outcome, Karen. We're all volunteers and your story gives us great satisfaction. I've been doing biz with BB forever and I've never had a minute's problem, so I was hoping they'd recognize your situation for what it was.

A little story to reinforce the "don't communicate when you're angry" theme. Years ago I ordered something that needed to be delivered by truck, a sickle bar mower I think. I was around the house most days because I was remodelling everything in sight. Viking Freight Lines called and said they couldn't deliver it. Several rounds of phone calls and they wouldn't deliver it. I had a pickup and lots of guys to help me unload it, so I just dropped everything and drove down to Viking, madder than a wet hen. I pitched such a fit in their lobby ... I shudder to think about it. The hapless reception guy scuttled off into someone's office. I heard the other guy say "Just give it to her and get rid of her". Like a lightening bolt, the whole picture came clear to me ... the people in that office had not caused my problem. I have never again lost my temper or yelled at anybody for any reason. If I'm angry, I just wait until rational takes over. Makes life MUCH easier. Good work with Best Buy, Miss Karen.

Mar 17, 2019
Karen I am glad that you got things worked out. The computer flagged the returns and all you needed was an actual person with some authority to review the issue.

I would delete or update the Yelp review on the positive resolution. There are certainly people that try to scam the sysyqwwwwwwwwww nnnnnnnm
Hi Christin,a, you are 100 percent correct. I was extremely surprised with my phone call today. Not to mention how kind he was. He actually listened and reviewed the issue at hand. Settled it as we were talking. But you are correct us saying that that I needed the actual person. Yes, I deleted the post on Yelp.

Jan 6, 2015
I too am happy for your result, and curious. Did the person from the Best Buy Corp office indicate any process change to eliminate returns for defect from the stats they use for TRE? If not, this could be "deja vu all over again" . . .

Mar 17, 2019
I too am happy for your result, and curious. Did the person from the Best Buy Corp office indicate any process change to eliminate returns for defect from the stats they use for TRE? If not, this could be "deja vu all over again" . . .
He said that this should not have happened being in an Elite member. But it started the later part of last year with my MacBook computer. They have a dollar amount equation that is used. So, my MacBook that was returned and had to special order a MacBook put me over somehow. But the error was on BB part as far as the return. It was an exchange not a return. They go by the dollar amount. Hope this helps.