Being charged for rental car when car in shop for recall

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 19, 2019
Will be brief
May 2019 took my 2012 Hyundai Sonata in for recall campaign
July 2019 car had code which was direct result of the recall fix
Took to same dealer who gave loaner and stated it was covered (actually rental through Enterprise )
Three days later we return rental and get our car
Last Friday I get bill from Enterprise saying Napleton Hyundai was not paying for rental bill $100.xx
I phoned my advisor at Napleton who stated to email a copy of bill , he stated there was billing issue and they would cover
I emailed and briefly confirmed what was said in call
Also started email trail with Hyundai customer service

i

Jul 30, 2018
What would you like from this forum? You said you phoned the car dealership manager last Friday about the rental car bill and he in turn stated he would cover it. At this point you need to hang tight and give the manager a chance to solve the issue. Perhaps follow up with him later in the week.

Sep 22, 2015
Will be brief
May 2019 took my 2012 Hyundai Sonata in for recall campaign
July 2019 car had code which was direct result of the recall fix
Took to same dealer who gave loaner and stated it was covered (actually rental through Enterprise )
Three days later we return rental and get our car
Last Friday I get bill from Enterprise saying Napleton Hyundai was not paying for rental bill $100.xx
I phoned my advisor at Napleton who stated to email a copy of bill , he stated there was billing issue and they would cover
I emailed and briefly confirmed what was said in call
Also started email trail with Hyundai customer service

i
As others have said, wait a bit .
Slighlty off tpoic but does anyone know this: If a rental car is damaged in a crash, can the renter demend to have their choice of body shop and pay it out of pocket if they so choose (rather than their insurance)?

Jun 24, 2019
As others have said, wait a bit .
Slighlty off tpoic but does anyone know this: If a rental car is damaged in a crash, can the renter demend to have their choice of body shop and pay it out of pocket if they so choose (rather than their insurance)?
Your question assumes the rental agreement is silent on this point. In any event, one would think that if the rental agreement was silent, the owner, i.e., the rental agency, gets to choose.