Banner Life Insurance Company (aka Legal & General America)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 12, 2019
Our yearly Life Insurance Premiums were due 12/23/18. We mailed the two checks in one envelope (with our home/return address engraved on the envelope) on 12/12/18 from our local post office. As of 1/11/19, Banner has not received them or lost them. There is a grace period until 1/22/19. When I phoned Banner on 1/3/19 to ask if our payments had been received because we knew the two checks hadn't cleared our bank, the CSR said that many people were calling in for the exact same reason with their premiums also due 12/23/18, and to wait a week. On 1/9/19, our insurance agent was notified that six (four others also) of his insureds were delinquent though they maintained they'd also sent their checks in. On 1/9/19, a CSR Supervisor promised to check with accounting and Banner's bank to see what was doing, and would call me back on 1/10/19. No call and when I checked again 1/11/19 she was ticked I was following up. As our checks hadn't cleared as of 4pm on 1/11/19 I canceled them and paid the premiums using a one-time direct checking account debit. Banner doesn't accept credit cards and their one other methodology is abhorrent and time-consuming. So what's wrong at Banner? Has anyone else had a recent similar issue with Banner or Legal & General? Hard to fathom that checks mailed in from around the country are all lost, and thus far our envelope has not returned.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It could be the postal service. It’s not necessarily the insurance company. Maybe their post office is having an issue. You might want to call the PO in their area

We had a story on the news a few tats ago about a postal witier who couldn’t get his mail route finished and started taking the mail home and dumping it.

Things like that do happen. If it’s the first time, I’d give them the benefit of doubt.

Jan 12, 2019
I lead a very local effort involving our Congresswoman to improve our mail delivery, etc. If it's a postal problem then it's affecting Banner insureds across the country. Although delivery IS generally atrocious, I don't think that this situation is a result of a national mail failure. It's possible that Banner lost a bag or two of mail that was delivered. It's in their interest to have policies renewed.