Banned by Uber

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 10, 2018
I was banned by Uber for absolutely no reason. They also did not provide any reason even though I asked for it with the Uber support. This is my communication with Uber

I CAN'T SIGN INTO MY ACCOUNT

Hi Jain,

I am afraid I do not have further info as this is a system generated flag with no manual intervention in the process. Our system is the same across the 300+ cities that we operate in. It flags suspicious accounts and disables the application of promotions on these accounts and in some cases even cuts off access to these accounts.

You will appreciate that these security features need to be built in to prevent misuse of our services and to prevent users from creating accounts for the sole purpose of taking free rides. You might not have had that intention, however, the system cannot differentiate between the two situations and frankly, there really is no way for anyone else to distinguish the two either.

I am afraid I really cannot be of any more help with this than I already have.

Hope you understand.

I did not take any free rides. The only thing that I did was that I gave 1 star rating to a driver who was falling asleep while driving me to Airport at 5 am in the morning. I had to literally scream to please keep the car in lane. All the rides I took were fully paid. Can you please get Uber to relook into my situation.

Thanks
Anshuman

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you changed credit card? It seems as if it’s flagging you for either abusing the coupon codes they may put out or there is an issue with a credit card.

Have you used some of the promotional codes they have? Have you used one that you weren’t entitled to? That seems to be what they are referring to, not that you’ve had free rides.

We have company contacts for Uber. You need to write and appeal to them:

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/uber/

Read the information here on exactly how to write and let us know how you make out after you have gone up the executive chain:

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/

Let us know how you make out after you have completed the writing process.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This must be very frustrating. If you want to post your letter here, we will have a look at it to be sure it's concise and complete before you submit it.

Sep 19, 2015
Have you sent a lot of referral codes? Or did you have an old email and update it? There are people that try to game the system and the computer algorithm tries to catch them, but algorithms are not 100 percent accurate and may catch an innocent person.

Jun 10, 2018
I wrote this email to rachel Holt, Regional General Manager, US & Canada, on June 10th. I have not heard anything back. I don't know what else my options are.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub: Banned by Uber - Exhausted all Customer Service Options before contacting you

Hi Rachel,

I was an avid user of Uber, here in US and in India. I went to India and I kept on using Uber and one day I could not login. I contacted customer service and they said that I was flagged by their automatic system but they don't have a reason for me why I was suddenly banned from Uber. I never took free rides, all my rides were paid immediately. The only thing that I remember was that I gave one star review to a driver who kept falling asleep while driving me to Airport in India at 5 in the morning. I wasn't cautioned about anything and arbitrarily my account was frozen. Can you please look into this situation. I am a big Uber fan for the ease of use and its ubiquity. I would like to be able to use this phenomenal service again. Please see the content of my communication with Uber Support.

I CAN'T SIGN INTO MY ACCOUNT

Hi Jain,

I am afraid I do not have further info as this is a system generated flag with no manual intervention in the process. Our system is the same across the 300+ cities that we operate in. It flags suspicious accounts and disables the application of promotions on these accounts and in some cases even cuts off access to these accounts.

You will appreciate that these security features need to be built in to prevent misuse of our services and to prevent users from creating accounts for the sole purpose of taking free rides. You might not have had that intention, however, the system cannot differentiate between the two situations and frankly, there really is no way for anyone else to distinguish the two either.

I am afraid I really cannot be of any more help with this than I already have.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you skip Daniel?
Primary Contact
Daniel Graf
Vice President and Head of Produc
Uber
1455 Market St 4th Fl
San Francisco, CA 94103
daniel@uber.com

If it’s been a week since you wrote to Rachel- move up to Jill and give her the name of the Executives you have emailed with no response and ask if she can assist.