Bank of America Sandals Visa...7 years of savings points for nothing?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Don't worry about it. We're just happy to have helped.
Puts me in mind of the story of the little red hen... in reverse.

In the tale, the little red hen finds a grain of wheat and asks for help from the other farmyard animals to plant it, but none of them volunteer.

At each later stage (harvest, threshing, milling the wheat into flour, and baking the flour into bread), the hen again asks for help from the other animals, but again she gets no assistance.

Finally, the hen has completed her task and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time, all the previous non-participants eagerly volunteer. She declines their help stating that no one aided her in the preparation work. Thus, the hen eats it with her chicks leaving none for anyone else.

Brilliant work, Chris. You just made the mistake of serving the bread before you asked for help.

Dec 3, 2014
Awesome that you were able to help in this case, but jeez... what a sneaky way to make it really difficult to ever accumulate the amount of points you need. I've been accumulating Hilton Hhonors points for about ten years, and one of these days I'm going to cash them in on a luxury hotel in London. I think I would cry if they started dropping off after five years.

Feb 23, 2015
The problem here is that the Sandals Co-Branded Credit Card actually earns "Bank of America World Points" Sandals can't really help, since when you earn 100k Woldpoints BOA issues a certificate for 3 free nights. 100k World Points for 3 free nights is a pretty bad valuation. When you consider you can get a Barclay Arrival Card that gets 2% cash back on all travel...so charging 90k(1pt per $1 spent) which is what they did, would earn them $1800 worth of travel credit, which is about 5 days at Sandals Whitehouse or a lower luxury level room. Hopefully they got there stuff straight. Sandals is turning into a very sneaky corporation, and BOA...well they helped cause the housing crash.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Awesome that you were able to help in this case, but jeez... what a sneaky way to make it really difficult to ever accumulate the amount of points you need. I've been accumulating Hilton Hhonors points for about ten years, and one of these days I'm going to cash them in on a luxury hotel in London. I think I would cry if they started dropping off after five years.
Kathy, be aware that Hilton Honors has drastically changed their redemption chart recently and nearly all the hotels in the Hilton family require more points. On the positive side, Hilton now offers rooms for a combination of cash and points which can work out very well. Cash/points rates are not readily available like the InterContinental Rewards are; you have to hunt for them. The Hilton Park Lane is an awesome hotel, having high tea in that gorgeous lobby is beyond wonderful. I hope you get there before they change the redemption rules again.

Dec 3, 2014
Kathy, be aware that Hilton Honors has drastically changed their redemption chart recently and nearly all the hotels in the Hilton family require more points. On the positive side, Hilton now offers rooms for a combination of cash and points which can work out very well. Cash/points rates are not readily available like the InterContinental Rewards are; you have to hunt for them. The Hilton Park Lane is an awesome hotel, having high tea in that gorgeous lobby is beyond wonderful. I hope you get there before they change the redemption rules again.
Thanks, Judy. I did stay in a Hilton property in London once (Hilton Green Park, I think). I will check out the Park Lane, someday. :) That's disappointing about the redemption chart.

Feb 23, 2015
Hilton used to be great 37.5k per night for the Conrad Maldives was a steal, then when all the incidentals posted, you earned all those points back :eek:).....now it is like 70k a night sadly :(

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Yeah, the perils of the points junkie. We were snowed in at an InterContinental in Austria 3 years ago ... 4 nights on points but the incidentals nearly bankrupted us! I think breakfast was something like 45 euro EACH. My husband was not impressed that I thought it was good to be earning all those points.