Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Apple Leisure Group owns vaxvacationaccess which SW is part of.

Good luck with ALG. There have been nothing but problems since ALG took over VAX and many agents have stopped using them because of a terrible system and unbelievable hours on hold for help.

This is becoming ridiculous. Did you receive that email from Customer Service? If you did, go to the first executive we show at SW and write. You booked through SW and they should be handling this.

Jul 6, 2019
Apple Leisure Group owns vaxvacationaccess which SW is part of.

Good luck with ALG. There have been nothing but problems since ALG took over VAX and many agents have stopped using them because of a terrible system and unbelievable hours on hold for help.

This is becoming ridiculous. Did you receive that email from Customer Service? If you did, go to the first executive we show at SW and write. You booked through SW and they should be handling this.
Surprisingly I received the email from SW Corporate today. No info whatsoever other then sit and wait. Unbelievable.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Y

Yep! In my opinion if it wasn’t for that who knows what would happen or it would have been long and drawn out.
You might want to consider booking with a real travel agent in the future- this is exactly why. They have your back and it costs no more to use an agent then booking on your own.

Jul 6, 2019
You might want to consider booking with a real travel agent in the future- this is exactly why. They have your back and it costs no more to use an agent then booking on your own.
Great idea.m actually. Let me ask this. We normally use Skyscanner for real time airplane tickets as they usually source the lowest tickets worldwide. If they are not available then I wait for a Notification to update me on when to buy. Once we actually got round trip tickets to Europe for $300 using this app.

When flew with SW before, but this is the first time we used SW for plane, hotel and shuttle.

Could you give me an idea of where to source high rated travel agents online? Should I stay local or go with someone no matter where they’re located in the US?

Thanks again!

Mar 23, 2015
When writing the company contacts it is important to follow the directions: you start by writing the first contact on the list. You need to give the first contact a chance to resolve your problem. If there is no response after a week then you escalate to the next one. If you email all the contacts simultaneously, you are almost certain to be ignored.
... when someone is ON VACATION waiting a week is a little silly..

Sep 20, 2018
This is a little late to the proverbial party, but if you need to contact an 800-number from a country not on the North American Numbering Plan (they aren't toll-free from abroad, but you can at least dial them):

• 880 replaces 800
  • 881 replaces 888
  • 882 replaces 877
  • 883 replaces 866.
I've used these numbers before, and used VoIP if I didn't have free/cheap international calling. (I have Ooma service at home, and you can make VOIP calls from their smartphone app, just as if you were sitting in your living room, so 800 numbers work just fine. I've also used Google Hangouts Dialer, though that option may be gone.)

The ability to call US numbers is invaluable when trying to contact airlines and the in-country number is a poorly-staffed/run ticket office.

Mar 23, 2015
If you rely on our expertise to try and get satisfaction - that’s the process we find works.

If you are having a problem with a property while you are there you need to bring the issue up management to try and fix while you are there.
I understand when you’ve come back from a vacation and had an issue writing an email waiting a week to escalate to the next person makes sense. But when you’re on a vacation and you’re only there for a week is what I’m referring to when I say it’s silly. You either take care of it while you’re there or you take care of it through Twitter or Phone or more immediate channels like chat etc. but waiting a week to move to the next person doesn’t make any sense when one is in the immediate situation that needs taken care of.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I understand when you’ve come back from a vacation and had an issue writing an email waiting a week to escalate to the next person makes sense. But when you’re on a vacation and you’re only there for a week is what I’m referring to when I say it’s silly. You either take care of it while you’re there or you take care of it through Twitter or Phone or more immediate channels like chat etc. but waiting a week to move to the next person doesn’t make any sense when one is in the immediate situation that needs taken care of.
I agree with you on this.