Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 6, 2019
What does asthma now have to do with any of this? Your original complaint never mentioned any of this - your original complaint was that the place was dirty, no ac, had bugs and had no wifi (which you felt was false advertising but the website did not say there was wifi in any areas other than public areas so that is an invalid complaint).

You complained about the cost of upgrading and now you are saying that all you are concerned about is your sons asthma. Your complaint was that they were charging you $770 to more to the better side - we are trying to tell you how to approach SW vacations when you get home to get a partial refund.

One thing you haven't answered is if Amstar could have had you moved to a different room in the original room.

Right now, if I booked the Esmeralda from today for 7 nights, the price is only $250 difference between the other resort. It has nothing to do with when you booked - right now you are paying at least $450 more than SW's website shows Esmeralda for. They are charging you $700. Use this information to request SW try to obtain a $450 refund for you for moving you.

You have a valid complaint about what they are charging you to move. Use the information we are giving you to negotiate with SW Vacations about the price. They should have been able to handle this for you - our suppliers do this all the time and I would not have expected my client to be charged more than what the going rate on SW's own website shows.
$250 difference all together or per person?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
For the pure fact that our son has trouble breathing in that room. We’re not in Mexico. We’re in the DR.
The weather is not much different in Mexico or the DR. The point was that there was no mention of the asthma in the original complaint and honestly it doesn’t matter - you had no air conditioning in the room and it was dirty.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You should STOP calling and use email only.
Additionally, make one more brief attempt to deal with senior on-site management tomorrow when they hopefully return to work, and then stop wasting your valuable vacation time. There will be lots of time after you return home to spend on this, and it will take weeks to months to resolve.,

Jul 6, 2019
The other interesting part is when I paid the $630 upgrade fee they placed my sons name down on the receipt instead of my name. Why would they even do that? I used my credit card.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The other interesting part is when I paid the $630 upgrade fee they placed my sons name down on the receipt instead of my name. Why would they even do that? I used my credit card.
Who knows. If you are looking for a prime vacation experience, there are better places to go than the DR. Just roll with it at this point and take it up with SW when you get home. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and forget about this for now. Look for the positive at Esmeralda, don’t dwell on the negative.

Jul 6, 2019
Here’s is SW’s response. Should I reach out to ALG at this point?

“Based on the information available to me, ALG is currently working with the resort to address your concerns.”

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you reply, tell them AMSTAR was not able to get you moved to another room at the Grand and you had no choice but to move and the price they gave you to move - $660- was ridiculous because the price difference on SWs website for the other resort was $230 and you would like the difference refunded. Ask why Amstar was unable to get you Esmeralda at the same price SW Vacations was showing.

If you get a non answer- move to the first executive shown at SW.

Jul 6, 2019
If you reply, tell them AMSTAR was not able to get you moved to another room at the Grand and you had no choice but to move and the price they gave you to move - $660- was ridiculous because the price difference on SWs website for the other resort was $230 and you would like the difference refunded. Ask why Amstar was unable to get you Esmeralda at the same price SW Vacations was showing.

If you get a non answer- move to the first executive shown at SW.
SW Corporate is now telling me they can’t do anything and that I should speak to Apple Leisure Group who handles the hotel reservations for them.. Lol this is starting to become comical.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
SW Corporate is now telling me they can’t do anything and that I should speak to Apple Leisure Group who handles the hotel reservations for them.. Lol this is starting to become comical.
Where the heck did that name come from and did SW provide you with customer service info and contact #.

Jul 6, 2019
Where the heck did that name come from and did SW provide you with customer service info and contact #.
SW Corporate emailed me. I thought the same. All they told me is wait for their response. I have no way of contacting anyone at ALG. I found some corporate contact info which only leads into their voicemail.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
SW Corporate emailed me. I thought the same. All they told me is wait for their response. I have no way of contacting anyone at ALG. I found some corporate contact info which only leads into their voicemail.
Look very closely at your Hotel Confirmation invoice and read the small print. There should be contact info for CS issues while you are on your trip. Just a thought.