Bad customer relations

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 24, 2019
Had ticket to fly out of Elmira Corning airport boarding at 830am. I live one hour away. Over night we had 30 mph winds and drifting snow from the 15 inches of snow two days earlier. It also rained during the night so come morning I was completely iced in; couldn’t budge my car. Allegiant wouldn’t offer to rebook me. They gave me a $52 credit on my return flight but wouldn’t credit the entire ticket. Plus they assessed a $75 penalty fee.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Had ticket to fly out of Elmira Corning airport boarding at 830am. I live one hour away. Over night we had 30 mph winds and drifting snow from the 15 inches of snow two days earlier. It also rained during the night so come morning I was completely iced in; couldn’t budge my car. Allegiant wouldn’t offer to rebook me. They gave me a $52 credit on my return flight but wouldn’t credit the entire ticket. Plus they assessed a $75 penalty fee.
If your ticket was non-refundable they will not rebook you without a charge. They will (and did) give you some credit for use in the future. Did you check and see if the flight was canceled due to weather? If so, you may have some recourse.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry you missed your flight. Nearly all airlines charge a change/cancel fee to rebook. How is this "bad customer relations"? They are a discount, low-budget airline and if the flight was not cancelled, your seat flew empty. Travellers need to be pro-active in the winter to avoid these kinds of issues. Compose a concise, polite email and ask them to waive the fee. It's a long shot, but we see miracles here every once in a while.