Avis Security Footage

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

I recently rented a car from Avis. Since I was in a rush, I did not do a full sweep of the car as I was in a rush. (my fault) . Upon returning, the agent pointed out damage to the passenger side. I am confident this was there prior to me renting. He did say they have security footage and would review. Fast forward a few weeks, I got a bill for $1800, and was told they do not review security footage.

My question is, how can I contact Avis to confirm this, and how I can fight this?

Thanks,

Rob

Sep 19, 2015
Hello,

I recently rented a car from Avis. Since I was in a rush, I did not do a full sweep of the car as I was in a rush. (my fault) . Upon returning, the agent pointed out damage to the passenger side. I am confident this was there prior to me renting. He did say they have security footage and would review. Fast forward a few weeks, I got a bill for $1800, and was told they do not review security footage.

My question is, how can I contact Avis to confirm this, and how I can fight this?

Thanks,

Rob
how significant is the damage to the car? Most security cameras are not that high enough resolution to show minor damage. And the entire angle issue is another concern. And then the video is usually only kept for a short time. How long did you have the car? Was it parked anywhere that someone could have damaged it?

I understand not looking at the passenger side if driving alone.

If you did not look at the car when picking it up how can you be confident that the damage was there when you picked it up? That is the hard part of your situation.

Oct 15, 2018
The damage is pretty noticeable, and figured there would be cameras at the check point before you exit the lot. Just wanted to see if people have gone down this road Avis.

Thanks