AVIS Says I caused damage

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 22, 2019
Hello, I am looking for some help.
I just received a letter stating that I owe $486.28 for windshield damages, it also states that I am only responsible for returning the vehicle to working condition.However, there was no damage that I was aware of, nor was there any mention of damages when I returned the vehicle. Even so, if it were a chip that I couldn't see, is $486.28 even a reasonable "repair". I was involved in an auto claim and had to switch rental vehicles in the middle of the claim (rented from the same avis). The second vehicle I received was dirty and happened to have the previous driver's inspection receipt, I kept it (like everything else during the claim). I am unsure of which receipt belongs to which reservation number at this point, however, on one receipt for the same vehicle the previous driver's receipt had all sorts of markups on it including one for a chip in the glass, my ticket was not marked up at all (I'll be honest I was in a hurry and thought they'd do the right thing! WRONG!). If this doesn't happen to be the right ticket for the vehicle in question, is this enough evidence to prove that their employees screwed (or very likely) this up And what are my courses of action, I have insurance (I also work in insurance) and I don't want this on my CLUE report, if I didn't do it. Any advice is solicited!
Thanks!
Below are the tickets... The email references 338518983;

Attachments