Avis Damage Claim - Customer Service Not Helping

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 20, 2019
Hey folks, I recently got a bogus letter from Viking telling me that an Avis rental car was damaged while it was in my possession. I followed this guide: https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/page-2

Specifically, I wrote an email to Avis customer service denying that I damaged the vehicle and asking for documentation. However, Avis customer service responded stating that they couldn't help me with this and that I'd need to reach out to Viking to deal with the problem because Viking deals with claims.

My question is: should I reach out to Viking as instructed by customer service? Or should I reach out to the first executive contact as instructed by the Elliott guide?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you request all the information from Viking? You should request all the info stated from Viking. They won’t send it all and then you write to the Avis Executives telling them you deny damaging the cars and that Viking isn’t sending you the requested information.

Jun 20, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I haven't requested the information from Viking yet. I don't have their email address and Avis customer service didn't provide one. I didn't see Viking contacts on Elliott's company contacts directory in the car rentals section. Does anyone know what the correct email address is? Thanks again.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Thank you for your reply. I haven't requested the information from Viking yet. I don't have their email address and Avis customer service didn't provide one. I didn't see Viking contacts on Elliott's company contacts directory in the car rentals section. Does anyone know what the correct email address is? Thanks again.
The contact information is in the letter from Viking. If they require you to call refuse to discuss on the phone and require them to give you an email address.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hey folks, I recently got a bogus letter from Viking telling me that an Avis rental car was damaged while it was in my possession. I followed this guide: https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/page-2

Specifically, I wrote an email to Avis customer service denying that I damaged the vehicle and asking for documentation. However, Avis customer service responded stating that they couldn't help me with this and that I'd need to reach out to Viking to deal with the problem because Viking deals with claims.

My question is: should I reach out to Viking as instructed by customer service? Or should I reach out to the first executive contact as instructed by the Elliott guide?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Don't reach out to anyone yet. Communicate with whomever sent you the letter. Follow the instructions in the letter you received. Insist that everything be in writing. As you will note reading others' threads, if you didn't damage the vehicle, they'll probably drop the claim against you. But it may take a long time. Be polite, persistent and patient.

Jun 20, 2019
Viking did not include an email address in their correspondence. I asked Avis customer service to provide Viking's email address. I'm still awaiting their reply. If I don't hear back, I'll reach out to Viking and insist that everything be done via email / in writing.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Viking did not include an email address in their correspondence. I asked Avis customer service to provide Viking's email address. I'm still awaiting their reply. If I don't hear back, I'll reach out to Viking and insist that everything be done via email / in writing.
here is at least one Viking contact:

Karen Rice
Claims Representative
Viking Billing Service
800-477-6206
Krice@vikingservice.com

Jun 20, 2019
Hi folks, following up on this. I spoke to a Viking representative via phone. The representative provided her email address and said I could request documents via email. I emailed her more than three weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a response. Should I reach out to customer service at Avis? Or an executive contact?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hi folks, following up on this. I spoke to a Viking representative via phone. The representative provided her email address and said I could request documents via email. I emailed her more than three weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a response. Should I reach out to customer service at Avis? Or an executive contact?
I would also email the Viking rep again so you can maintain a continuous current email trail for when the Avis exec eventually responds.

Email Viking that you are still awaiting the evidence for damages you absolutely deny causing. They may simply acknowledge that they have no such evidence: Problem solved.