Avis and Viking Billing

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 2, 2018
I know, sounds like a broken record, but this is slightly different than what I could find in other posts.

During my rental period, weather was not friendly, and I received some hail damage to the rental. I honestly didn't see anything, but when I returned the car, the lot attendant found 3 dents and wrote they were all minor. The attendant also took pictures and said that since they were minor, I may or may not hear back. (I know... already had my red flag up). About 6 weeks later, I received a letter from Viking billing. The letter stated that the repairs had been made and instead of 3 dents, they repaired somewhere around 20, for a cost of $1800. I did contact my insurance carrier (USAA), giving them the details, and naively thinking that they would fight the amount. USAA made their payment, and now I am getting billed my deductible and loss of service cost. Do I have any recourse in the matter? My frustration lies in the fact that the attendant only saw 3 dents, and later they came up with a significant amount of additional damage.

Pretty much know my answer, just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks for your time.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Having been involved in a hail storm - I find it almost very hard to believe there were only 3 dents.

What you should do is use our thread about how to fight the damage and insist on pictures of all the damage.