Avios and elite points haven’t been registered in my Iberia plus account

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 12, 2019
19/1/2019 flew in business with Latam code sharing with Iberia from Lima to Madrid. I am a member of Iberia plus loyalty program. I have call and sent several emails to Iberia and Latam to have my miles acknowledged. But nobody seems to be interested to take any responsibility for it and I have been send back and forth between the airlines.
The problem seems to be that I flew with Latam/IB in Business class but my ticketing number is an Avianca number due to Avianca rebooking me due to an overbooking on their flight.

My desire resolution is that I just want my Avíos and Elite points corresponding to my trip in Business class from Lima to Madrid and to be credited to my Iberia plus account prior to March 31st which is the end of the qualification period for next year membership status

Mar 12, 2019
Should I write to an specific personor address? or just to the email contacts that are under each airline? Because if that is the case they do not respond.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Should I write to an specific personor address? or just to the email contacts that are under each airline? Because if that is the case they do not respond.
Read all the information provided in the four links.
Start with the first cust serv individual in each contact list and escalate weekly if no/negative response. Send an individual email to each link. Do not send one email and CC: all.

Mar 12, 2019
Unfortunately the complaint do not go thru on any of the 3 airlines. They do not accept if I have a ticket number that there is not their own or that you do not have their own loyalty program number or some other excuse. There is no way I can get thru. Incredible how they treat a customer. I don’t know how many ours I have expended on trying solving something that by right belongs to me but I understand now how they make their money. I give up

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Unfortunately the complaint do not go thru on any of the 3 airlines. They do not accept if I have a ticket number that there is not their own or that you do not have their own loyalty program number or some other excuse. There is no way I can get thru. Incredible how they treat a customer. I don’t know how many ours I have expended on trying solving something that by right belongs to me but I understand now how they make their money. I give up
You have been given the tools to address your issue. Airline points are proprietary--they belong to the airlines.

Sep 19, 2015
Feleria you need to write that you want “Original Routing Credit” as you involuntarily put on another airline due to overbooking.

You need to contact Iberia Avios about this.

Use the red words above and send in documents about it — original itinerary and revised.

I have been able to get credit but this was other airlines.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We also do not advocate points programs. So you will have to take this in yourself with the information we’ve given you to write to. Please see below about missing or expired loyalty points:

Are there any cases you don’t mediate?

Yes. Here’s a partial list:

Airfares that go up after selecting a flight option (caching).
Airline seat comfort issues, including in-flight entertainment systems that don’t work.
Any case involving legal action against a company or customer.
Asking a company to honor an obvious price error.
Car rental damage cases.
Cases submitted on behalf of a third party.
Compensation for delays that resulted in lost vacation or work days.
Getting a refund for a nonrefundable airline ticket or hotel room.
Missing or expired loyalty points.
Recently lost or misplaced luggage.
Visa/passport problems that led to denied boarding.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I've used points and miles forever, I enjoy the challenge and the reward. But when it goes wrong, there's little you can do. Read the rules of your loyalty plan carefully, things have changed drastically over the last few years, and continue to change. Be polite, patient and persistent. Read FlyerTalk forums to see if you can obtain some relevant information to help.