AT&T Final Bill

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 14, 2018
I have the same problem as what we have in the link below:
"https://www.elliott.org/problem-solved/billed-extra-month-att-wheres-refund/

Her final AT&T bill is much too high. Where’s her refund?"

Only difference are I did not talk to them prior to porting/cancellation on the first day of the billing cycle and the final bill, mine’s a little higher ($140.56).

When I signed online to my account, it states:
"The account is canceled. No further payments are needed", but it showed a balance due and a due date, 2 days from when I checked it. So I just paid it to avoid late fees and thinking that I can just call them later for a refund or credit since I never used the service.

I guess I just made $140 mistake.
Used the service for a partial day and pay the full month.

I chatted with them and they understand what I am going through but they can’t do anything because it is a valid charge.

Billing Cycle:
06/24/2018-07/23/2018

Ported to TMobile/Cancelled AT&T:
06/24/2018

Paid Final Bill:
$140.56 on July 13, 2018
What's your desired resolution? At this point, I am about 80-90% hopeless about getting a credit, or a partial charge. Just wanted to inform the public just in case they are going to have the same situation and have to make a decision of cancelling their wireless service. Getting a prorated charge or a credit will just be a bonus.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As recommended in the article- use our company contacts and start writing.

“You could also appeal your case to someone higher up at AT&T. I list names, numbers and email addresses on my consumer advocacy site.”

Go to the top of our pages with the company contacts and read how to write, them start.
Let us know how you make out.

Jul 14, 2018
As recommended in the article- use our company contacts and start writing.

“You could also appeal your case to someone higher up at AT&T. I list names, numbers and email addresses on my consumer advocacy site.”

Go to the top of our pages with the company contacts and read how to write, them start.
Let us know how you make out.
——-
I just spoke to
I’ll try that, thank you.

Wow, holy smokes.
First of, this e-mail does not work anymore:
ATTCustomerCare@att.com

The executive contacts though, even on a Saturday, they will give you a phone call, the quality of expertise and professionalism shows right away.

I almost signed up again to AT&T.
One of the executives got my e-mail and distributed it to their department and contacted me right away on a Saturday night.

Sounds like my issue got fixed, just waiting for a refund. Found out the system will not prorate the last bill so it has to be done manually by a real person, I guess it has to be a higher ranked person since the people that I chatted/talked to earlier this week tried to help me but couldn’t do it, maybe because of their access level.

Only reason why I left is my brother got a better deal from another provider since he is serving in the military so he got our lines and transferred it to his account.

I’ll keep watching the deals on AT&T though.

I hope they’ll give more access to their first responders to resolve issues like mine.