AT & T Direct TV

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 27, 2018
Hello Chris, I recently found your website while looking for information on what I can do about AT & T Direct TV hounding me for several months to pay them money that I do not owe. I was promised one price, which was very affordable, 104.00 a month for my TV/Internet Service. Each and every month I was overcharged. Every time I received my statement and saw that I was overcharged I called to inquire. The first month was relatively painless...sorry for the mistake, we'll change your billing.. but no change over and over. Eventually I was told NO I would not be given the 104.00/mo. price. I stopped paying my bill, service was shut off and now they are trying to get 400.00 out of me.
To me this is more of an ethical breech on the company's behalf than a legal one but I just wanted to know if I have any ground to stand on and is it worth fighting this long for? I'm way past frustrated.
I work for a temp service making 12.00/hr and I also attend college part time. I have no time or money to waste.
I appreciate your taking time to read this email. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Amy

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Stop wasting your time on the phone. That was your first problem. You have no record of what you were told. "Every time I received my statement and saw that I was overcharged I called to inquire. The first month was relatively painless...sorry for the mistake, we'll change your billing.. but no change over and over. "

You need to EMAIL ATT: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/att/

Make it clear what you signed up for. Provide a record of the offer. Establish an email record of their responses. If you do not have a record of the original offer this may be an uphill battle.

Oct 27, 2018
Stop wasting your time on the phone. That was your first problem. You have no record of what you were told. "Every time I received my statement and saw that I was overcharged I called to inquire. The first month was relatively painless...sorry for the mistake, we'll change your billing.. but no change over and over. "

You need to EMAIL ATT: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/att/

Make it clear what you signed up for. Provide a record of the offer. Establish an email record of their responses. If you do not have a record of the original offer this may be an uphill battle.
weihlac,
Thank you for your input. I made some headway a few days ago with a dispute resolution representative for ERC which handles this type of situation. She was actually quite nice and seemed concerned about my problem. Your suggestion was exactly what she suggested.