AT&T backyard has messy wire throughout and install caused damaged roof and siding installed without permission.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 28, 2019
I am very frustrated and have tried for the past week to contact AT&T using their phone system. Every time I call in I wait for a customer service rep and attempt to explain my dilemma and invariably wind up back at the original recorded phone entry point prompt system.

I attempted to go on their website to the contact page, but face a similar frustration as when I all in because I cannot enter a custom complaint or inquiry. https://www.att.com/support/contact-us
  • There are AT&T wires strewn thru and crossing all around the backyard, many are low and are simply unsafe.
  • There is more than one AT&T box located on the rear of this house, all of which have dangerous and unsightly wires attached that are dispersed thru the backyard.
  • One of these wires was attached to a cut A&T *Dish that is currently installed on the roof, damaged the roof and is pulling the siding from the house.
    • This AT&T dish was installed on the *roof without our permission or knowledge
  • AT&T wired thru the home, cutting into molding and walls, again without our permission. This is in an unsafe spot and poses a danger.
  • I’d like to know who, ordered or authorized this as I will need to take it up with a previous tenant. Since there were several tenants. As the home owner, I think it is a fair question. I also read on their website that a homeowner needs to sign an approval form before AT&T will perform an installation.

As I mentioned above: Every time I attempt to resolve this issue via customer service or their website I wind up in what seems like a Catch 22!

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
If you have not done so already, you can escalate this via email.

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for AT&T (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I am very frustrated and have tried for the past week to contact AT&T using their phone system. Every time I call in I wait for a customer service rep and attempt to explain my dilemma and invariably wind up back at the original recorded phone entry point prompt system.

I attempted to go on their website to the contact page, but face a similar frustration as when I all in because I cannot enter a custom complaint or inquiry. https://www.att.com/support/contact-us
  • There are AT&T wires strewn thru and crossing all around the backyard, many are low and are simply unsafe.
  • There is more than one AT&T box located on the rear of this house, all of which have dangerous and unsightly wires attached that are dispersed thru the backyard.
  • One of these wires was attached to a cut A&T *Dish that is currently installed on the roof, damaged the roof and is pulling the siding from the house.
    • This AT&T dish was installed on the *roof without our permission or knowledge
  • AT&T wired thru the home, cutting into molding and walls, again without our permission. This is in an unsafe spot and poses a danger.
  • I’d like to know who, ordered or authorized this as I will need to take it up with a previous tenant. Since there were several tenants. As the home owner, I think it is a fair question. I also read on their website that a homeowner needs to sign an approval form before AT&T will perform an installation.

As I mentioned above: Every time I attempt to resolve this issue via customer service or their website I wind up in what seems like a Catch 22!
As you have discovered calling is a waste of time.
You need to construct a concise, bulleted email (your post above is incomplete and confusing) and use email:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/att/

Dec 19, 2014
Based on your post, this sounds like a RENTAL property that you own, and not your primary residence.
Since you stated there were several tenants, did you not inspect the home between each rental? That would tell you when the installation occurred.
What does your lease contract stipulate or say?
What does your local law state? Some municipalities do not require landlord permission to install telecommunication services.

If there is damage to your property, the damage should be assessed to the tenant that is responsible for the damage.