Assistant for full refund for 10 e-tickets purchased

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 7, 2021
On Sept. 2nd 2020, 10 e-tickets were purchased for trip to Abuja Nigeria from ASAP Ticketing agent, Mr. Blake contact number 800-499-8670. Conf. # Mxxxxx & Nxxxxx. The trip was canceled by Lufthanza due to travel ban placed on their carrier by Nigerian Govt.
The agent has refused to release my full refund, demanding charge back fees of $250 per ticket penalty. The cancellation was no fault of ours. Therefore, the total amount of $10790.60 should be refunded. All effort to get the agency to refund me have been unsuccessful.
Your assistance to get my full refund will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Grace Oxxxxx

Edited by a moderator to remove confirmation numbers and last name

Last edited by a moderator:

Skippy

May 30, 2019
We need some more information:
  1. What was the itinerary of the flights -- from where to Abuja? Were there any intermediate stops?
    This is relevant because it helps understand which country's regulations may apply.

2. For when were the flights and when were they cancelled?

3. Were all the flights operated by Lufthanza, or were some operated by a different airline as a codeshare with Lufthanza?

4. Were the flights cancelled by the airline, meaning that it did not fly at all, or were only your tickets cancelled?

5. Did you cancel the tickets before the airline cancelled the flights?

6. For how long have you been waiting for a refund, and what actions have been taken thus far.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When you purchased these tickets through ASAP you agreed to these conditions. If you had purchased directly from the airline and the airline canceled, you would have received a full refund:

General Rules and Conditions
Fare Restrictions and Rules
1. Cancellations and refunds
  • Cancellation and refunds before departure not permitted.
  • Cancellation and refunds after departure not permitted.
2. Exchanges
  • Changes before departure not permitted.
  • Changes after departure not permitted.
The above confirmed tickets are non-reroutable and non-transferable.
If fare rules allow refunds and/or exchanges, a $ 250.00 ITN LLC fee will be charged to process any refund and/or exchange request. This fee will be collected in addition to the penalties charged directly by the airline and/or recalled by the airline from ITN LLC. Reservations for tickets to be refunded and/or exchanged must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure -

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
the agent has refused to release my full refund, demanding charge back fees of $250 per ticket penalty.

As stated above , the ticket was not purchased from the airline. You bought it from ASAP . You are ASAP's customer and ASAP is the airlines customer. So you are bound by the terms and conditions of ASAP. Which correctly include a 250.00 refund processing fee.
I am going to offer you some advice here. Take the money they are offering you and run. There are many complaints about this company not refunding at all ( some people have been waiting close to a year for a refund). Better you get some money back and not nothing. Or worse a future travel credit and no refund at all.
In this situation it does not matter if the airlines canceled as you agreed to their terms and conditions when you used this company (to save a little money) that you would pay them 250.00 if you wanted them to process your refund. So they are only collecting what you have agreed that they could.
Again If me I would agree to this as fast as I could to get the rest of my money back before they run out of money and just promise a refund while delaying as long as they can giving every excuse in the book.
I would add that it does not matter if the flight started in the USA for DOT, as the OP used an OTA and not booked direct with the airlines. So the DOT does not have power to get this 250.00 back.
Good luck.

Feb 7, 2021
1. The itinary - JFK - Frankfurt operated by United Airlines. Frankfurt to Abuja.
2. The initial booking paid for on 9/2/2020 was to commence our trip on Dec 17th to arrival Abuja Dec. 18th 2020 but the scheduling dept changed our date to Dec. 16th 2020 just by sending me an email on 9/29 and no arrival terminal listed on final destination in Abuja Nigeria.
3. The travel ban information was communicated to me end of October 2020 by a family who live and work at the International Airport in Nigeria. When this was mentioned to the agency, Mr. Akron another ASAP agent decided to search for new tickets but came up with suggestion that we need to pay additional $800 each person. I refused the offer and decided to search for cheaper fares myself through another agency.
4. I called Lufthanza airlines 11/5/2020 to verify the travel ban and get more information. The airline customer informed me that the 10 tickets had since been canceled and are eligible for full refund. Also, mentioned that Lufthanza will not be operational until late Jan. 2021 to allow certain precautionary requirements are put in place.
5. The purpose of our trip was to go and bury my mom. The funeral ceremony was from Dec. 22nd thru Dec. 27th 2020. We were to return back to US on or before 31st Dec 2020 because of our jobs.
6. United Airlines, when called told me that they also canceled the beginning of the trip since there was no flight connection in Germany. I didnot cancel both airlines canceled and advised me to follow-up with booking agent for full refund as this was no fault of ours.

• Sad
Reactions: Pixie Pie

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The previously provided advice does not change with this post. You are obligated to pay $250/ticket for your refund processing. You agreed to this when you booked. You also booked in September 2020 with full knowledge that Covid was causing massive flight disruptions and cancelations yet you chose a "Cancellation and refunds before departure not permitted" ticket through ASAP. Based on the terms and conditions of your booking, you are not going to be able to get a full refund. As suggested in the other posting, get what money they will pay you and hope they do not refuse any refind at all.

When you purchased these tickets through ASAP you agreed to these conditions. If you had purchased directly from the airline and the airline canceled, you would have received a full refund:

General Rules and Conditions
Fare Restrictions and Rules
1. Cancellations and refunds
  • Cancellation and refunds before departure not permitted.
  • Cancellation and refunds after departure not permitted.
2. Exchanges
  • Changes before departure not permitted.
  • Changes after departure not permitted.
The above confirmed tickets are non-reroutable and non-transferable.
If fare rules allow refunds and/or exchanges, a $ 250.00 ITN LLC fee will be charged to process any refund and/or exchange request. This fee will be collected in addition to the penalties charged directly by the airline and/or recalled by the airline from ITN LLC. Reservations for tickets to be refunded and/or exchanged must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure -

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
The airline customer informed me that the 10 tickets had since been canceled and are eligible for full refund.
As I stated in your other post. It is irrelevant what the Airline will do in the way of a refund because you did not buy your tickets from the airline. The airline can not work with you at all , they must deal only with ASAP, and only they can request a refund. They do not work for free and have a 250.00 charge for processing any refund for any reason. So again you willingly agreed to paying this fee because you did not think things would go wrong. You knew Covid was still a big problem and as such there was a risk of cancellations and border closures.
So again my advice would still be to take what they are offering quickly as if you wait any longer you might not get any refund at all.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
1. The itinary - JFK - Frankfurt operated by United Airlines. Frankfurt to Abuja.
2. The initial booking paid for on 9/2/2020 was to commence our trip on Dec 17th to arrival Abuja Dec. 18th 2020 but the scheduling dept changed our date to Dec. 16th 2020 just by sending me an email on 9/29 and no arrival terminal listed on final destination in Abuja Nigeria.
3. The travel ban information was communicated to me end of October 2020 by a family who live and work at the International Airport in Nigeria. When this was mentioned to the agency, Mr. Akron another ASAP agent decided to search for new tickets but came up with suggestion that we need to pay additional $800 each person. I refused the offer and decided to search for cheaper fares myself through another agency.
4. I called Lufthanza airlines 11/5/2020 to verify the travel ban and get more information. The airline customer informed me that the 10 tickets had since been canceled and are eligible for full refund. Also, mentioned that Lufthanza will not be operational until late Jan. 2021 to allow certain precautionary requirements are put in place.
5. The purpose of our trip was to go and bury my mom. The funeral ceremony was from Dec. 22nd thru Dec. 27th 2020. We were to return back to US on or before 31st Dec 2020 because of our jobs.
6. United Airlines, when called told me that they also canceled the beginning of the trip since there was no flight connection in Germany. I didnot cancel both airlines canceled and advised me to follow-up with booking agent for full refund as this was no fault of ours.
I'm sorry you were unable to make such an important trip. This is no fault of yours, it's no fault of anyone's. The virus has shut down the world. You will not be able to obtain a full refund. The agency charges a fee for each tix. It's very important to thoroughly read all the terms and conditions before you book travel, especially with an unknown internet entity. It will be difficult to obtain the refund, as the agency is obviously way behind issuing refunds. This is true for many travel providers, as they have ongoing expenses but no revenue.