"Artificial Intelligence" Trading Bot - More than 1 month without refund; has "7 day money back" guarantee

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 11, 2019
Hello,

Prior to finding the various red flags with this company: SilverStarLiveSoftware (operating under Silver Star Live LLC) - I paid $199 for an "Artificial Intelligence FOREX Trading Software" which the company claims to place small risk trades on behalf of the user for an average profit of at least $400/month. Although I realize this sounds very goofy - I know various people which have been using the software without complaints.

However, upon signing up I encountered various difficulties and took the first opportunity I could to get my money back. Since opening an account with this company on 3/6/19 I have been emailing them regularly without luck.

On 3/18/19 a representative claimed my refund was being processed and to allow 7-10 business days for the funds to be placed into my account. It has been more than 10 days as today is April 2nd.

A few additional details:
The company advertises a guaranteed refund if requested by the consumer within 7 days of purchase - I requested a refund the day of 3/6/19.

Additionally, they advertise 24 hour support - there is no such thing. I am lucky if I get a response every 2-3 days.

Their phone lines are dead ends. They have a prerecorded voicemail which says their representatives are busy and to leave a voicemail or to log into your account to access a 24/7 representative.

Upon asking for a refund, my account has been closed and I am unable to reach a single person from their operation.

I've been promised refunds via mail, deposited into my account, and most recently via PayPal - none of which have materialized.

I'm unable to use my bank for help although I've tried multiple times.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly the CEO of the business is operating under the name of "Quicksilver." Only after signing up for the service was I able to discover his real name is Dave Myers - who has already been convicted for credit card fraud.

After contacting the FTC, it is my belief you are my last line of defense - please assist me in retrieving my money back, you are my last hope!

Thank you.

What's your desired resolution? I would appreciate your help in receiving a full refund.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 199

Date of transaction/travel date: 03/06/2019

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Didn't have my credit card - unfortunately paid with my debit card.
Then you probably have no payment protection. Go to your bank and discuss in person to see if there is any protection.
This "Silver Star Live LLC" appears to be run by a person already convicted of fraud. You can try small claims court but there is not much else you can do at this point. Using your debit card likely removes any protections. Plus they have your debit card for future charges. I would suggest canceling your debit card and getting one with a new number.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm glad all they got was your $199, amanda. Can you ask the people who already use the service for some tips? It's flat-out fraud and you're probably lucky that you saw through it all so quickly.

Sep 20, 2018
If a piece of $200 software could run on total auto-pilot and make you $400 a month, why would these people be in the business of selling software at all? Why not just keep the secret to themselves and keep all those profits?

$400/mo sure sounds a lot better than a one-time $200 license fee.

Dec 17, 2018
Their terms and conditions will tell you where you would have to file a lawsuit.
Not necessarily, though. I mean, YES, the T&A's WILL have a jurisdiction clause, but it's probably going to be out of state; HOWEVER, if this company is doing business in other states (and obviously they ARE), I'd just tell OP to file a small claims suit locally and make THEM ask the court to move it (they won't, and they won't fight it, almost 99% sure, and then OP gets a default judgment).

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Not necessarily, though. I mean, YES, the T&A's WILL have a jurisdiction clause, but it's probably going to be out of state; HOWEVER, if this company is doing business in other states (and obviously they ARE), I'd just tell OP to file a small claims suit locally and make THEM ask the court to move it (they won't, and they won't fight it, almost 99% sure, and then OP gets a default judgment).
The problem is enforcement. They may be able to get a default judgment, but to enforce it if the company doesn't willingly pay, will require filing where the company has a physical presence. We have seen a couple of cases like this with some of the airlines.

Dec 17, 2018
The problem is enforcement. They may be able to get a default judgment, but to enforce it if the company doesn't willingly pay, will require filing where the company has a physical presence. We have seen a couple of cases like this with some of the airlines.
That's a problem even if you file in the other state. It's ALWAYS the problem.

Once you have a judgment in your home state, you call the clerk of the court in the location the judgment debtor is located, ask them what you need to do to get the judgment "sister state" registered (for lack of a better term), and they will usually tell you what form they need filled out, or what the document you need to file looks like.

Once you've gotten the judgment registered in that state (which you can do by mail, maybe even fax or e-file these days), then you get your writ of attachment, give it to the sheriff (usually it's the sheriff's department that does it), and they will go and execute on it. It's a LOT easier than going to the other state in the first place, because the judgment enforcement can be done by mail.

The problem is that judgment enforcement costs money, which, yes, you get back if you successfully execute on it, but you have to be willing to put up the money for it in the first place. But this is true even if you went to the other state to begin with. The company isn't going to just hand over money, even if you decide to show up in Texas and get a Texas judgment and you live in North Dakota. They aren't going to show up at all most likely, because they know 90% of people aren't going to be able to enforce the judgment. You STILL have do all the same enforcement procedures and they cost the same amount of money as if you'd done it by mail and you've probably spent more traveling to Texas than you would've just registering the judgment by mail.

Personally, I'd let it go. But if OP REALLY wants to sue, that's the best way to go about it.

Jun 23, 2019
Didn't have my credit card - unfortunately paid with my debit card.
Was your debit card attached to your bank account or was it just a re-loadable debit card which was bought at walmart ? I find it hard to believe that you can't do a chargeback on a debit card transaction...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com