Appeal Amazon AtoZ?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 29, 2020
- I recently was denied an AtoZ refund by Amazon, for a return of a defective exercise bicycle. I have photos that prove that the bike is defective.
- Amazon did not give a reason, but by reading their guidelines, it appears it could have been because the AtoZ process was started outside their 90-day window.
- While true, my phone and email contact with Amazon started well within the 90-day window.
- I saved all of the emails with Amazon about the issue.
- The reason the AtoZ process was started outside the 90-day window was because of the direction given to me by Amazon.

Here are the specifics, at a high level:

- Item is an exercise bike. The item was defective, and could not be assembled. I did not want a replacement.
- Item ordered 11/27/20, and received around 12/8/20.
- In mid-Dec, I had 2 seperate email contacts with the vendor, through the Amazon interface. The vendor said to return the item, and my payment would be refunded.
- I twice asked the vendor for a return shipper. Both requests were ignored. I wanted this, as the cost to return the would run around $80-$100, and the vendor only offered to refund the cost of the item.
- On 1/6/21, I called Amazon, who sent me an email telling me how to proceed.
- I was to forward the email from Amazon to "Pilot", which is a freight company. I did that the same day.
- Within the email, it said that Pilot would reply in 8-10 weeks. This seemed excessive, but many things are out of whack with Covid-19 restrictions.
- I called Amazon on 4/8/21, 13 weeks after the 1/6/21 email. They immediately referred me to the AtoZ guarantee team, who sent an email saying a claim was filed.
- I received a follow up email from Amazon, also on 4/8/21, asking for additional information. I did not write a long-winded response; rather I referred them to the email saying wait 8-10 weeks, and it was now 13 weeks, so please help out.
- On April 12, I received an email from Amazon denying my AtoZ claim.

I have been offered the ability to "Appeal Decision", and this is where my question comes in. Should I appeal the decision, and then if it is denied again, then escalate this through the Amazon contacts listed on Elliott.org? Or, should I just escalate it now to the contacts shown here? Just looking for your thoughts and whys, and any similar experiences you may have had with Amazon.

Ultimately, my desired outcome is no more than to return the exercise bike via the Amazon process to the vendor using a prepaid shipper, and receiving a full refund.

Thanks.

Ken
-

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Your next step should be to escalate this VIA EMAIL using the contacts in the following link:

Amazon
do not include attachments - - offer instead to send them upon request (the might be "undeliverable" otherwise)
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

The following information, I believe, is what they "need to know"
I am reaching out to you because my efforts to resolve an issue have been unsuccessful
• I recently was denied an AtoZ refund by Amazon for a return of a defective exercise bicycle which was ordered on December 8, 2020
• I was not given a reason, but it could have been because the AtoZ process was started outside their 90-day window
• While true, my phone and email contact with Amazon started well within the 90-day window.
• In mid December, I had 2 separate email contacts with the vendor, through the Amazon interface
• The vendor said to return the item and my payment would be refunded
• I twice asked the vendor for a return shipper because my cost would be around $80-$100, but both requests received no response
• On January 6th I received an email from Amazon instructing me to forward it to "Pilot" (a freight company) and they would respond in 8-10
• When I contacted Amazon on April 8th, 1I was referred to the AtoZ guarantee team, who sent an email saying a claim was filed
• On April 12th I received an email from Amazon denying my AtoZ claim

I am respectfully requesting your assistance with the shipping cost. I have photos that prove that the bike is defective if that is needed.

Thank you for your time and consideration - I respect that you are very busy