Anyone with a successful Volkswagen story?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 22, 2019
FIrst, I want to thank the folks at Elliot Advocacy for this amazing website.

I'm about to write to VW for a good will repair. I got shot down with calling VW and talking to one of the 'advocates'.

Before I start the letter, I am curious how many have dealt with VW and if they have suggestions and hopefully a success story.

I am also thinking of talking to the local dealer before the letter and see if they have connections on the dealer side.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jan 22, 2019
Hi Neil,

We are 4 months outside of an extended warranty for our 2008 VW Jetta 2.0T engine. They had an issue with the intake manifold and fuel injection.

My daughter bought it used 2 years ago and never sent in her info as the new owner to VW. So we never got updates on warranty and service bulletins.

I am aware they aren't obligated to help, but I am trying to appeal to have it covered under their 'goodwill' policy.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You can ask but the car is 11 years old.They will need a lo
Hi Neil,

We are 4 months outside of an extended warranty for our 2008 VW Jetta 2.0T engine. They had an issue with the intake manifold and fuel injection.

My daughter bought it used 2 years ago and never sent in her info as the new owner to VW. So we never got updates on warranty and service bulletins.

I am aware they aren't obligated to help, but I am trying to appeal to have it covered under their 'goodwill' policy.
The car is 11+ years old. You may be lucky in your request but in fact, it may not be cost effective (for VW or you) to fix this if it is an expensive repair.
Was there a service bulletin or recall notice on this car? If there was, and the bulletin was never received because of the lack of updating ownership information, it would be unlikely that VW will be responsive to your request.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/volkswagen-of-america/
Email starting at the first cust serv, escalating weekly if no/negative response.