Any hope of changing the passenger name on a nonrefundable, nontransferable ticket?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 10, 2019
In Oct. I purchased two tickets to Italy (on Delta and Al Italia) from ASAP tickets, owned by International Travel Network. Long story short, I did not realize they were non-transferable and my partner, who was to take the trip with me, is no longer in my life. Any hope of getting ASAP and or Delta to allow me to change the name on the former partner's ticket? Thanks!

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ray allegrezza If you don't ask the answer is always no but ... I would think you have a low probability of success in this case.

You can try sending DL a note. You might find a sympathetic that will do something (miles) for you.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Like John I say it never hurts to ask but I believe it's more than just changing a couple of fields. I think it requires a while new ticket.

Sep 19, 2015
You can certainly ask politely.

When is the trip? If there is a substantive schedule change you can say no to that and ask for a refund.

Jan 10, 2019

When is the trip? If there is a substantive schedule change you can say no to that and ask for a refund.

the trip is this April. they did alter the schedule but only by a few minutes. :(

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Name changes are almost never permitted on a ticket, even with Jet Blue. Some will allow the value to be used towards another passengers ticket (Jet Blue).

Keep in mind that the ticket technically belongs to the person named on the ticket, so the airline or travel agent may require them to initiate the reissue.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
thank you all for the replies. when I bought the tickets, she and I seemed to be doing fine. live and learn!!
We hear stories like this occasionally, Ray, it's a real shame. Is there any remote possibility that your partner could cancel her tix, get a credit towards a future flight, and "pay you back" that amount? I know, I know, I'm such a Pollyanna ... but this is probably more likely than the airline transferring the tix to another name. I also recall that occasionally an airline will refund to the credit card used to purchase the tix ... so if there is a big enough schedule change, you have the chance to cancel and refund. As for insurance ... does CFAR cover you if you just change your mind?

Jul 23, 2018
For those of you who fly or sell Alaska Airlines, sign up for EasyBiz because you CAN capture full credit
from a ticket for $125 fee AND can then use the credit for new ticket with a NEW NAME. This is not a promo
for Alaska, just a useful tool for those of us in Alaska Airlines' territory.

Sep 19, 2015
For those of you who fly or sell Alaska Airlines, sign up for EasyBiz because you CAN capture full credit
from a ticket for $125 fee AND can then use the credit for new ticket with a NEW NAME. This is not a promo
for Alaska, just a useful tool for those of us in Alaska Airlines' territory.
EasyBiz is for businesses that spend $5,000 plus in 15 months and not for individuals. Other airlines have specific business oriented programs. Individuals cannot sign up for the program, only the employer can.

Apr 6, 2017
By the way--Delta is worth calling out for their great policy on spelling errors--at least for international flights--they allow free spelling corrections for typos--no cancel and rebook type stuff. That isnt what is being asked about here--but its important to call out an airline doing the right thing.

Sep 19, 2015
By the way--Delta is worth calling out for their great policy on spelling errors--at least for international flights--they allow free spelling corrections for typos--no cancel and rebook type stuff. That isnt what is being asked about here--but its important to call out an airline doing the right thing.
Many airlines have a policy for 2 or 3 characters, but this is a topic drift.

As the OP has Alitalia tickets there is still a possibility of a major schedule change.