Another company contacts success story

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2017
I just posted my DirecTV story and here's another one involving Meijer. My husband and I shop there A LOT. I know the store layout and produce codes better than the employees. Anyway, one of the U-Scan machines had issues with its coupon slot. You scan your paper coupons and insert them into a slot. The machine recognizes that you inserted the coupon and you go on with the rest of your purchase. I had used a particular machine a few months ago and after inserting a coupon the screen kept saying "insert your coupon". The cashier had to come over and override it so I could continue. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I happen to use the same machine and I have the same problem. Silly me thought it would have been fixed by now. The very nice cashier, who has worked there forever and knows me, told me not to use that machine if I had paper coupons. He said he has been trying to get Meijer to fix it for 3 years and nothing has been done. He said to use any of the other 3 machines because they work fine. He is almost always stationed at this set of U-Scans. Once again, I looked to the Company Contacts page and found contacts for Meijer. I sent a polite, concise email explaining the problem and how the cashier has been trying to get it fixed for 3 years. I gave my mPerks number as proof of how much business Meijer gets from my husband and me. I got a response from this executive and was told this would be rectified. I went to Meijer last weekend and talked to the same cashier. I asked if the machine was fixed and he said it was. I was glad to help but it's really ridiculous that they did nothing for 3 years.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Amazing what the ability to communicate clearly and concisely ... not to mention the ability to motivate someone to want to help you ... can achieve, ADM. It is indeed insane that management ignored the cashier for 3 years, but if it doesn't stop people from spending their money in the store, why should they bother to fix the thing? Your letter must have been a masterpiece to get action that fast. Well done!

Apr 10, 2017
Amazing what the ability to communicate clearly and concisely ... not to mention the ability to motivate someone to want to help you ... can achieve, ADM. It is indeed insane that management ignored the cashier for 3 years, but if it doesn't stop people from spending their money in the store, why should they bother to fix the thing? Your letter must have been a masterpiece to get action that fast. Well done!
I made sure to include our mPerks rewards number so they could see just how much we spend at Meijer. I am guessing that didn't hurt. And maybe the cashier won't mind if I go thru his "12 items or less" U-Scan machines with a tad more than 12 items. ;)