American Resort association Travel Club

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 1, 2018
I was wondering if you have any information on the travel club called American resorts association? It was presented to us at a meeting that offered discounts on hotels, condominiums, airfare and cruises. It requires a large initiation fee of approximately $5000 and then $300 a year membership today. They claim to be the go-between the hotels and resorts and the on line booking companies such as Priceline and booking.com and offiers substantial savings compared to those companies. I was unable to find any reviews on line and I was wondering if you were familiar or had any information. Thank you!! Leigh

Oct 13, 2015
Don't do it! I'm not in travel but I would be willing to be that Priceline, Expedia, etc are big enough entities that they deal directly with the airlines, cruise lines and hotels. They don't need a go-between.

Doing the math, let's say that they get you a 20% discount on everything, you'd have to spend $25,000 to recoup the initial $5000, and $1500 a year to recoup the $300 annual dues. And this is just to break even!

Dec 1, 2018
Thank you guys soooomuch!! I LOVE this Advocacy group! It’s the best thing I ever found!I tell everyone about them nation point I think probably I’ll contribute some of that money I’m not giving to the scam to this website! I go with my gut and it was never really settled and you just confirm that I had the right feelings!!!thanks sooomuch!! Many thanks!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Anything asking for money up front into ANY club is a scam. And don’t go on vacation and sign up for a time share either.

When you want to find out about the legitimacy of a business or club, do a google search for “Complaints about (company name) “. That’s what we do - except on this case we didn’t need to.

Sep 19, 2015
I would suspect that this is a time share company and there are no special relationships other than their own time shares.

Kriseye makes a very valuable point about assessing the numbers when reviewing an offer.

And run away from high pressure sales tactics, no matter the industry.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Don't do it! I'm not in travel but I would be willing to be that Priceline, Expedia, etc are big enough entities that they deal directly with the airlines, cruise lines and hotels. They don't need a go-between.

Doing the math, let's say that they get you a 20% discount on everything, you'd have to spend $25,000 to recoup the initial $5000, and $1500 a year to recoup the $300 annual dues. And this is just to break even!
"Doing the math" as Krisseye says, is just the thing. I remember our first time-share pitch, a gorgeous resort at Squaw Valley, we were absolutely gung-ho ... until I whipped out my calculator. We did have a fabulous weekend there on them, tho. That's the only way to win this little game.

You're a smart cookie to post here, Leigh! And thanks for the kind words; we're all volunteers and we love to help people, especially BEFORE they run into trouble.