American Airlines - shockingly bad

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hi Neil. We called the Viking phone number listed in their material they gave us, but no one was available as it was a weekend. Also emailed them, but never heard back from them.

Honestly, this is on AA not Viking. If Viking gave you $500, that’s more than they were required to do so I would take it rather then risk them pulling it back.

You do not have to have a cruise line book your flights. If you wanted Delta, you could have booked them on your own. But this could have happened on any line. I have a friend that booked Delta to Croatia and their bags were lost for the first 5 days they were there and in a yacht cruise.

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, this is on AA not Viking. If Viking gave you $500, that’s more than they were required to do so I would take it rather then risk them pulling it back.

You do not have to have a cruise line book your flights. If you wanted Delta, you could have booked them on your own. But this could have happened on any line. I have a friend that booked Delta to Croatia and their bags were lost for the first 5 days they were there and in a yacht cruise.
I agree - I didn’t need to have Viking book my flights, but because I booked thru them, they had to get me to my tour the morning I arrived. Had I booked my own flights, I was on my own trying to catch up with the group. I have booked my own flights to a Viking cruise and also booked with Viking. Viking has a program called Air Plus, which is advertised as allowing you to pay to select your airline. We had paid for Air Plus, but were not given our choice of airlines, in fact, we were given no other airline choice. AA was certainly at fault and has paid for that, but Viking is also at fault. I am elevating it up the chain at Viking.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Good luck. Vikings Customer Service -as you can see from the number of complaints here- generally doesn’t budge on complaints. They aren’t Consumer (or even travel agent) friendly I’m sorry to say.

Use our customer contacts for Viking and let us know what happens.

Nov 14, 2018
Good luck. Vikings Customer Service -as you can see from the number of complaints here- generally doesn’t budge on complaints. They aren’t Consumer (or even travel agent) friendly I’m sorry to say.

Use our customer contacts for Viking and let us know what happens.
Totally agree Neil. Hard to believe but it sounds like Viking might be even less customer friendly than AA :). The real character of a company comes out when there is a problem. Sounds like Viking falls very short when it comes to keeping customers happy when there is a problem. We’ll see what happens.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Weegie, you will succeed in your quest for justice, you are patient and persistent and you write well. I did book my air home from Shanghai this coming November through the Viking Air Desk and was astonished at how good the agent was. I wanted Cathay Pacific with an included stop over in Hong Kong, in business class. I was dreading the call and thought we'd be on the phone for an hour, but it took about ten minutes. I got exactly what I wanted, at a very good fare. My travel agent is a cruise expert with credentials and she does a lot of business with Viking. I have to believe that she has access to the best people. This is why I keep telling people to book cruises through a good TA, it really makes a difference.