American Airlines Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 3, 2021
Hello Chris,
Our party of 4 were given evouchers ($139.20 ea.) from a flight price reduction from a previous flight with American Airlines. We were advised they could be used for a future flight which must be reserved by 4/22/2021. The flight can be used for up to a year.
I have called AA several times to see if the evoucher could be redeemed for cash and was told NO by several customer service agents. Our problem is that we don't feel comfortable traveling now or within a year with the Covid-19 virus. My husband is over 70 & suffers from COPD and hasn't been able to get the vaccine. He is hesitant about traveling in the future & I'm not sure I want to travel without him.
Is there anyway we can get a refund instead of the evoucher from American Airlines?
Thank you for your time in this matter. Evoucher & ticket information can be sent if needed.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I have called AA several times to see if the evoucher could be redeemed for cash and was told NO by several customer service agents.
There is about a zero chance you can convert this credit for cash. Best you could do is ask them a favor and have them extend it ( this also might not be easy).
The airlines are bleeding money. They just do not have it to refund vouchers that they do not legally have to refund.
You just might be in the situation of "use it of lose it". Sorry
Maybe you have a family member that could use the flight and repay you ( this is if you do not have to buy the ticket in the name on the voucher).

• Love
Reactions: jsn55 and Patina