American Airlines misinformed me costing me half my spring break vacation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 10, 2019
I was meant to take a flight from BWI connecting Dallas forth worth TX on the 14th of April. I got to the airport and a American Airlines Representative Informed me my flight had been cancelled. I was surprised by this because I did not get a text telling me this. So she booked me on another flight connecting me through Chicago to Tucson. We I got on my flight I looked on my phone to find out that the flight connecting through Forth worth had not been cancelled which angered me. When I landed in in Chicago I was told because of the snow storm no flights were leaving today, and the next available flight they could but me on was Tuesday the 16th. I was so upset, because i was misinformed by the Representative about my flight being cancelled. I then had to spend two nights in a hotel and food that had to come out of my own pocket. I tried to communicate this to AA, and to get some compensation back from the airlines. They refused to pay for my hotel or food that I had to incur when i was there. All they gave me was 5000 miles back on my account, which is a drop in the bucket.

Nov 27, 2017
I am a bit confused. You were taking a flight out of BWI to Tuscon, with connection throgh DFW, but instead you went from BWI to ORD to Tucson?

Were your flights from BWI to Dallas the ones that got cancelled? Did you use miles for the flight, which is why they gave you back miles or was that a goodwill guesture?

May 10, 2019
I am a bit confused. You were taking a flight out of BWI to Tuscon, with connection throgh DFW, but instead you went from BWI to ORD to Tucson?
Yes, BWI to DAF then on to Tuscon. I was told it was cancel when it wasn't.

Were your flights from BWI to Dallas the ones that got cancelled? Did you use miles for the flight, which is why they gave you back miles or was that a goodwill guesture?
I paid with miles and they gave me 5000 miles as a goodwill gesture, which is not near enough to pay for what I has to pay for the stay in Chicago.

May 10, 2019
Are you sure the issue wasn't AA649 from DFW to TUS? It had a significant delay (close to 45 minutes)
Yeah I know there was a delay there, but I was told my 325pm fought in the 14th April from BWI was cancelled.
The woman in the phone with me was very reluctant in telling me my flight was not cancelled. Even going to the extent of telling me it was cancelled when in fact it wasn't.

May 10, 2019
What did your confirmation say?

AA 2683 is a flight between San Francisco and Dallas?
I'm sorry I don't have that confirmation I only have the email with the purchase of upgraded seats for that flight, I'm glad I had that so I could have a recording of my flight. I'm actually going to try and call them up and verify which flight number it was cuz that's the flight number they gave me and you are right it's not the actual correct flight number from Baltimore to Dallas-Fort Worth. I really don't know why they would lie to me like that.