American Airlines First/Business class experience

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Barry, they said gate check the item.
I know what was said, however if it were done without informing the owner they might not realize it had been gate checked but rather that it had been taken by someone else and not bother to see if it came out with checked baggage. I agree the bags should be moved, as long as an announcement is made first asking the person whose name is on the bag to press the "call attendant" button to make sure that the bag is labeled correctly. They should at least be told what is happening to their bag.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I know what was said, however if it were done without informing the owner they might not realize it had been gate checked but rather that it had been taken by someone else and not bother to see if it came out with checked baggage. I agree the bags should be moved, as long as an announcement is made first asking the person whose name is on the bag to press the "call attendant" button to make sure that the bag is labeled correctly. They should at least be told what is happening to their bag.
Barry both times I have had a FA Gate check a bag stowed in FC that didn’t belong ,the person who put their bag in that FC overhead area and then proceeded to the back of the plane didn’t deserve any notification! They knew exactly what they were doing and thought they got away with it. I had the pleasure of watching the Fun at the end of one of the flights. Karma is a wonderful thing to behold! Both times this happened on Alaska.... I love AS!

Mar 17, 2015
I think if you don’t put your bag near you (if possible), then you run the risk of said bag being lost. I, too, have had to ask for bags to be removed from first/biz class. Not sure why ppl want to leave their bags where they are not seated.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
We had a case here awhile ago of someone who did this and someone took his bag off the plane. He never saw the bag again.
Precisely my point. I don't like it when people place bags where they don't belong but I also don't want to be the one to cause someone else a loss or to panic.