Amazon's customer service. Unreasonable?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2019
==========================

Complaint filed against:
NAME: Amazon.com
BBB MEMBER: YES
==========================

Case Description: Amazon sells home services to install some items it sells. I purchased a bathtub and surround wall along with the install service for the items. We have disability related safety issues and needed to finish the installation for safety concerns. The day of install arrived (Dec 5th)2018 with no one arriving,calling or any communication. I called Amazon who said they were unable to reach the installer and later adjusted that to say he was in California. How someone is assigned to do a job in Bay St Louis, Mississippi but is living in California is beyond belief. Amazon was unable to find any alternate provider despite the executive customer relations team taking several days. Amazon failed to produce the service it was hired to accomplish. They failed a 2nd time in reaching a solution. Paul Elzey

Desired Resolution: Amazon refuses to acknowledge fault and still has this advertising as being sold to consumers. Breach of contract and reeks of false advertising and being dishonest saying they cannot do they work as they continue to sell the services. Amazon should pay another company to fulfill the work they claim to not be able to produce on order -3157845. Paul Elzey

Latest Correspondence: I am rejecting this response because: The company is offering to sell a service that none of its providers can perform. Makes no sense. I am not sure if this is a companies normal practice to frustrate and confuse or the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075Q7DVG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ps- steps so far....Amazon , Jeff@Amazon.com , Att General of mississippi , BBB , Small claims court judgement won for $1464.85 / Amazon no showed again
looking for an advice / is it possible to use the arbitration process to make Amazon honor the court judgement?

Thanks
Crawdad

Mar 17, 2015
Ok, I am a bit confused. Would amazon not refund the install service fee? It seems like you already went to small claims and won a judgement. We do not advise on legal matters, so if you already have a judgement, you will need to research on how to collect.

Feb 9, 2019
I sued for the difference in price between what Amazon should have charged (lets use $2000 that was refunded) and the new company did the work for $3464.85). no cc dispute ...$1465.85 difference it costs me.

Sep 19, 2015
Ok I am a bit confused.

A bathub was ordered. And amazon installation services, which is a subcontractor.

I thought one only got charged for the installation when it has completed? So were you charged for installation that did not happen?

An arbitration cannot be used to enforce a legal judgment through the courts; that is not the point of arbitration. Arbitration is a legally binding dispute resolution procedure that occurs outside of the courts.

If you want legal advice you need to contact a lawyer.

Feb 9, 2019
Thanks...that was the answer to m question. so - it sounds like pick A (arbitration) or B (small claims) but not both. What would stop the company from similar behavior in arbitration? I would be left with a useless piece of paper unless I had the means to fight (money ). if I had the money.....
c'est la vie

Sep 27, 2017
While I am not a lawyer, I have heard of collections against large corporations being done via seizure of company property, if that company has a physical presence in the state. Google sleuth it, but this will require involvement of law enforvement and most probably an attorney. Perhaps contact your state's AG again, advise him/her you won the judgement but cannot get Amazon to pay.

Feb 9, 2019
Thanks...AG was copied as m frustration briefly won control and bccc this reply to Amazon.

Dear Mohammeds,
Thanks for the heartfelt apologies and deep regret of the frustration caused to a disabled man attempting to make his bathtub safer.
I managed to prevent both hips from fracturing while taking a shower , no thanks to Amazon. It also seems to be funny that I helped to correct an error on the webpage for Amazon while enduring a no show on the install date. Even funnier was Amazon's no show at Hancock, Mississippi Justice court yesterday while a judgement was rendered against Amazon for $1464.85. I have no doubt Amazon will avoid all responsibilities in this matter as it continues to profit off the underprivileged.

Regards
Paul

On Thursday, 7 February 2019, 10:30:16 am GMT-6, Amazon.com <ag-replies@amazon.com> wrote:

Dear Davina,

I'm Mohammed of Amazon.com. I'm responding to Paul subject matter complaint, and copying him for his reference.

I've reviewed the correspondence please allow me to extend a sincere apology for any frustration caused in relation to Amazon Home services for Order#113-2309428-3157845.

Upon checking Paul email and his order for the Bathtub Liner and Wall Surround Installation, we are able to see the provider who confirmed the job had the zip code 39520-7814 activated by mistake in the areas they serve.

Thanks to Paul for escalating the matter to us, we were able to reach out the provider and have the issue fixed from our end.

We understand Pauls disappointed because this is not the outcome he was hoping for, and I regret we’ve been unable to address his concerns to his satisfaction.

In case Paul has not hired a service provider outside Amazon to complete his job, we can reach out other providers in our platform that might be available to complete the job.

Please contact me directly by replying to this email if I can be of further assistance.

Mohammed G.
Amazon.com Customer Service

Sep 19, 2015
While I am not a lawyer, I have heard of collections against large corporations being done via seizure of company property, if that company has a physical presence in the state. Google sleuth it, but this will require involvement of law enforvement and most probably an attorney. Perhaps contact your state's AG again, advise him/her you won the judgement but cannot get Amazon to pay.
The AG is the lawyer for the state of MS -- for criminal and civil -- the AG is not a personal lawyer, or one who will help enforce a judgment. The OP needs advice from a lawyer.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We cannot comment or make on legal matters.
You will need to consult with an attorney.

Are there any cases you don’t mediate?

Yes. Here’s a partial list:

Airfares that go up after selecting a flight option (caching).
Airline seat comfort issues, including in-flight entertainment systems that don’t work.
Any case involving legal action against a company or customer.
Asking a company to honor an obvious price error.
Car rental damage cases.
Cases submitted on behalf of a third party.
Compensation for delays that resulted in lost vacation or work days.
Getting a refund for a nonrefundable airline ticket or hotel room.
Missing or expired loyalty points.
Recently lost or misplaced luggage.
Visa/passport problems that led to denied boarding.

I’m going to close this post to further comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.