Amazon

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2018
I purchased an item of $70 on January of this year. 6 months later I posted a review of the item. This month, i got a message from the seller asking me to delete my review and receive a full refund. So I did, and they sent the money through Amazon, Amazon gives me an invoice that says the refund was completed to the card i used to make the purchase. I know it's the policy to do this, but the account they said they sent the money to has been closed for 8 months, the card was no longer even on my account, just my updated card was. I'm not even with the same bank. So i contact support and they say that the money was sent to my bank, and to contact them to get my money. so i contacted the bank, and they said they don't have it. the reason being, the account doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't existed since i closed it 8 months ago. They said that the payment was declined and the money went back to amazon. I contacted amazon, support again, and they said they don't have the ability to help me due to their privacy policy, so i ask if they can put me in contact with someone who can help me, and they tell me the same thing as before: "contact your bank, we can't help you" So here I am now hoping to get the attention of someone who might help me.

Feb 23, 2018
I would recommend you going back to the seller and asking them to track the refund. If the bank declined the payment Amazon may have sent the funds back to the original seller.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Amazon is not at fault just because you chose to cancel your card and change banks. They are not scamming you. Your bank should accept refunds to your old card, but not necessarily for 8 months after closure. You should have notified Amazon when you agreed to a refund-they are not clairvoyant.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
And I think you are in violation of Amazon's rules - accepting payment to remove a review. If so, you may not want to make too much of a fuss over this. Or possibly your next thread will be that Amazon closed your account due to rules violation.
Very good point! If you removed your review for payment and did not return the item you have essentially been paid for the review removal.
I would not pursue this further as Amazon will investigate and then close your account permanently.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This baffles me. if the item you bought was terrible - why would you allow them to buy back your opinion? That hurts others who may be looking at your review to consider buying the same item. Do you want them to get an inferior product or buy from a problem seller? If anything you should have reported the bribe to Amazon. Maybe he shouldn't be selling on Amazon.

Regardless of this - anytime you ask for a refund on an item you purchased with a credit card, it has to go back to the card that was used to purchase it. You should have told this to the seller. That is whether you buy a $70 item or a $7,000 item if you have closed the credit card. That money can be sitting anywhere in cyberspace but most likely went back to the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.