Amazon ripped me off $110 gift card HEEEELLLPPP !!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 4, 2017
Amazon did it to me also $110.00 gift card balance never refunded and i keep getting same email no live PERSON wtf...this is a joke. .ive faxed Over 8 times address verification it cost me 1.50 a page ar staples. ...email read cant ship order account has been suspended we need to verify billing name and addresss on billing statement i never used my visa prepaid card for items i used it to sign up for Amazon Prime however i sent copys of all 3 cards my prepaid netspend and two gift cards redeemed on amazon .com yet still no human reply yet hust same email except this is stating info wasnt legible could not verify please fax proof if address again

Last edited:

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Candice,

Please slow down a bit. Don't contact the BBB or consumer affairs just yet, once you do Amazon will likely not respond to you. Amazon normally has pretty good service, so let's give them a chance. You can either call 1 (888) 280-4331 or log in and go through the help function to have them give you a call back.

If they can't read the faxes from Staples, and they continue to require a fax, then use another agency such as UPS.

Good luck.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
How did you obtain the gift cards? Did you buy them in the secondary market? It is against Amazins terms of service to buy these from a secondary source.

Everyone that has come here with Amazon issues has obtained their gift cards in odd ways- using bitcoin, using gift cards to buy gift cards, excessive returns, using someone else's card to buy or living in the same household as someone else who has been suspended or by purchasing them on the secondary market.

That is key. Not one person obtained the gift cards through normal purchases. And that's why we can't do a thing about this as Amazon will not talk to us.

How did you get the gift cards?

Jul 4, 2017
How did you obtain the gift cards? Did you buy them in the secondary market? It is against Amazins terms of service to buy these from a secondary source.

Everyone that has come here with Amazon issues has obtained their gift cards in odd ways- using bitcoin, using gift cards to buy gift cards, excessive returns, using someone else's card to buy or living in the same household as someone else who has been suspended or by purchasing them on the secondary market.

That is key. Not one person obtained the gift cards through normal purchases. And that's why we can't do a thing about this as Amazon will not talk to us.

How did you get the gift cards?
I RECEIVED MINE VIA A FRIEND BUT I SENT PICTURES OF MY CARD AMAZON IS ACTUALLY NOT WORRIED ABOUT MY GIFT CARDS THEY ARE STATING MY BILLING ADDRESS AND NAME CANT BE VERIFIED ON A VISA CARD THAT WAS PREPAID I USED TO SIGN UP FOR PRIME...I DID NOT USE VISA FOR PURCHASE SO WHY CANT THEY SEND MY THINGS ....I ALSO SENT THEM COPY S OF ALL 3 CARDS VISA AND BOTH GIFT CARDS AS WELL AS BILLING STATEMENT ADDRESS VERIFICATION

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You answered your own question. You got them from a friend. How did your friend get them? You are unable to verify the card they were purchased with- that's the issue.

Did you use a prepaid gift card to sign up for Prime? If you did, that's the other issue. There are no addresses associated with a gift card so they can't verify your identity. They want a credit card.

It is against Amazons terms of service to have cards not purchased directly from them.

As I said in my post- every claim we have seen here about Amazon gift cards or any type of Amazon problems is from a gift card that was not obtained directly. All of these violate Amazons terms and you cannot verify tiueckwhak address paying with a gift card.

I wish we had better news for you but there is nothing we can do about these issues.

These are Amazons terms

Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and your payment of any applicable fees, Amazon or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Amazon Services. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any Amazon Service, or its contents;…any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party;…No Amazon Service, nor any part of any Amazon Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Amazon… You may not misuse the Amazon Services. You may use the Amazon Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Amazon terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms…

All items purchased from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier…

The Amazon services…included on or otherwise made available to you through the Amazon services are provided by Amazon on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Amazon makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Amazon services…or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Amazon services, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of the Amazon services is at your sole risk.

Feb 9, 2016
I'm not sure if Neil covered it but I will let you know what I have found out about these Amazon Gift Card situations.

Here's the quick summary version
If your friend purchased the card for you from a third party or reseller, your beef is not with Amazon, it is with that third party. You need to approach the third party with the issue, not amazon. You will continue to get nowhere with Amazon.

Typically the card number was previously used for a transaction and then the card/card number is re sold to be used again, oftentimes to an unsuspecting person, sometimes it is to someone who intends to commit fraud by claiming they purchased the card in good faith and are a victim of a crime, so they deserve to receive full value use of the card.

At this stage Amazon feels there is fraud associated with the gift card you are attempting to use. You will need to PROVE that the fraud that has occurred was not within your chain of ownership, and that you obtained this card legally, if you have any hope of remedy.

You say you 'received yours (the gift card) via a friend" but what you don't say is where your friend purchased the card from. If your friend actually purchased the card for you from Amazon and then gifted the card to you, then have your friend fax in the receipt for the card to Amazon, in order to prove DIRECT PURCHASE, and you may get some resolution. If your friend cant find the receipt of purchase then you are out of gas.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2017
Correct info about third party gift cards and Neil is right about the prepaid Visa. It doesn't matter that you didn't need to tap into those funds in order to pay for your order. Prepaid cards have no verified billing address associated with them like conventional credit cards. Most (if not all) online retailers require this.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Can you go online and register a pre-paid card and give it a billing address? I think with some you can, not sure but a quick Google will tell you and then you might be good to go. Or see if the card you have can be registered with a billing address.