Amazon removed all my reviews, apparently because they think I'm selling them

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2018
I recently went to update an old review from Amazon, and was informed that my ability to write reviews had been permanently revoked (and all existing reviews deleted) because I violated their "Community Guidelines". I wrote a ticket asking which guideline I allegedly violated, because I had no clue, and they wrote back that it was because they believed I "may" be selling reviews or had an undisclosed relationship with the seller (Free/Discount stuff, or outright payments). They also tossed in the tidbit that the decision was "final" and could not be appealed.

I honestly have no idea what they are talking about; the only reviews I've ever written involving free stuff was free stuff Amazon sent me as part of the Vine program.

I know this seems silly to complain about a company no longer letting me provide free content to them, but I've written (literally) over 20 years worth of reviews, I'm pretty proud of some of them, and I'd hate to have them go down the memory hole.

Anybody have any ideas? The Contact DB is a little thin... do I just send a note to that generic "ecr-replies" address or what?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I recently went to update an old review from Amazon, and was informed that my ability to write reviews had been permanently revoked (and all existing reviews deleted) because I violated their "Community Guidelines". I wrote a ticket asking which guideline I allegedly violated, because I had no clue, and they wrote back that it was because they believed I "may" be selling reviews or had an undisclosed relationship with the seller (Free/Discount stuff, or outright payments). They also tossed in the tidbit that the decision was "final" and could not be appealed.

I honestly have no idea what they are talking about; the only reviews I've ever written involving free stuff was free stuff Amazon sent me as part of the Vine program.

I know this seems silly to complain about a company no longer letting me provide free content to them, but I've written (literally) over 20 years worth of reviews, I'm pretty proud of some of them, and I'd hate to have them go down the memory hole.

Anybody have any ideas? The Contact DB is a little thin... do I just send a note to that generic "ecr-replies" address or what?
You can use these contacts to try to clarify the issue
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/amazon/
Contact one at a time, wait weekly between emails.

Sep 19, 2015
Hmm did you give a negative review and someone retaliated by claiming you demanded pay? Or work for the competition?

I think about people even on this forum that, after being told something they do not want to hear, accuse others of being employees of X airline or Y company......

Mar 16, 2015
My husband and I both have had our reviews deleted and are no longer able to post reviews after posting reviews for free/discount items promoted by Amazon as well. We have tried to get them reinstated, but they will no longer respond to us as well. We are going to be leaving Amazon once our prime membership expires at the end of the year.