Amazon Prime!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2016
My last order from Amazon was confusing:

I am a Prime member. I ordered four items from Amazon. One was from a third party and not eligible for Prime; the other three were.

Of those three, two are set to be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday). Perfectly fine with me, as I ordered late Friday and figured the weekend wouldn't count for the two-day total.

The last item, however, was delivered yesterday (a Sunday). I was totally expecting it to be delivered Tuesday with the other Prime items. This upset me in a way. I'm a Chic-Fil-A acolyte, believing that Sunday should be a guaranteed day of rest/family/worship for workers (however you choose to spend it). This was not an emergency! We are not in the last week of Christmas rush!

Why did Amazon determine I needed this product faster than the other items? All this meant was that some delivery guy who was hoping for a day of rest/family/worship was denied that because I wanted some air conditioner filters. Geez.

Anyone know Amazon's formula for which 'Prime' items are determined to be 'two business day' items, and which ones are, 'Holy crap! This guy needs his air filters STAT!' Sunday deliveries? Is there an algorithm for this?
This is all in the eyes of the beholder. If you were of certain faiths, you would have been thrilled that the package did not arrive on your Sat. sabbath. Different people worship different days so hard for Amazon to guess.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
This is all in the eyes of the beholder. If you were of certain faiths, you would have been thrilled that the package did not arrive on your Sat. sabbath. Different people worship different days so hard for Amazon to guess.
The US constitution guarantees freedom OF and FROM religion. A person's faith or beliefs can have NO bearing on Amazon. If you wish to have something delivered/not delivered on a certain day, find a local retailer, but do not ever expect Amazon to observe your preferences. Amazon does not have to "guess" about any persons' beliefs. Accept this and move on.

Apr 3, 2016
The US constitution guarantees freedom OF and FROM religion. A person's faith or beliefs can have NO bearing on Amazon. If you wish to have something delivered/not delivered on a certain day, find a local retailer, but do not ever expect Amazon to observe your preferences. Amazon does not have to "guess" about any persons' beliefs. Accept this and move on.
Exactly what I was pointing out with my post. We totally agree.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018

The US Constitution only restricts government actions. Amazon is free to take religion into account if it wants. That's why Chick-Fil-A is closed Sundays...

Apr 3, 2016
To get back on topic, if you joined Amazon Prime you can cancel. Looks like you get back all you money if you did not use it or else they take off the costs of the shipping you used. I think this is the formula (you can ask Amazon for the best time to cancel, but...If you joined yearly, cancel at any time. If you joined monthly, cancel at the end of the month (ie do not renew for next month).

Sep 27, 2017
Looking at it another way, the delivery person probably got overtime and money that he/she needed to support his family. If this displeases you, choose another etailer. As an emergency physician for 40+ years, weekends are for working so you and your family don't die, whether you agree with it or not. Some jobs just need to be done.
You are correct. SOME jobs, like first responders, military, etc. I fail to see how 'delivering air filters' is high up on that list of imperative services. My family will NOT die because I am running low on air filters on a Sunday -- I'm not an emergency physician, but I'm pretty sure I can make that diagnosis.

Sep 19, 2015
You are correct. SOME jobs, like first responders, military, etc. I fail to see how 'delivering air filters' is high up on that list of imperative services. My family will NOT die because I am running low on air filters on a Sunday -- I'm not an emergency physician, but I'm pretty sure I can make that diagnosis.
But you are taking your personal beliefs and situation and applying them to society as a whole.
Someone with an asthmatic child may want their air filters as soon as possible even on a Sunday. Just as your thought that a driver may be upset that they have to work on Sunday not taking into account the number of other faiths and level or adherence there are in this country.

If one disapproves of the legal practices of a business do not support them. If the practices are illegal go through the proper channels and report them.

Amazon simply has no way to know what a client”s personal beliefs and needs are. They are a company that sells and delivers products.

Amazon can be confusing with the 3rd party sellers (not all are good) and such and that is where many difficulties are.

I am really surprised at the tone of the customer service person that the OP spoke to; my few interactions with Amazon have been proper and there was a prompt resolution. That kind of snide remarks to the OP about who owns the company should not happen, and if a person does not understand how Prime works then the rep should take the time to explain it.

Jul 27, 2016
You should probably avoid Amazon, then, since Amazon is pretty much the only mail order/online merchant that delivers on Sundays. They actually pay the USPS to make those deliveries - people get their packages, the Postal Service makes a profit, and the postal employees (who want to) pick up nice overtime hours. It's a win/win/win in my book.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
if you wish to preserve the benefits of Amazon Prime but want to make sure you do not receive packages on Sunday all you need to do is open a post office box at your local post office and change your Amazon Prime mailing address to that post office box. you can be certain that nothing will be delivered on Sunday

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
if you wish to preserve the benefits of Amazon Prime but want to make sure you do not receive packages on Sunday all you need to do is open a post office box at your local post office and change your Amazon Prime mailing address to that post office box. you can be certain that nothing will be delivered on Sunday
Some companies won’t deliver to a P.O. Box.

I’m going to close this thread unless our original writer wants it re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.