Amazon Prime Reward Chase/ Visa Credit Card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 8, 2017
I have Amazon Prime and I have their Amazon Prime Rewards Chase/Visa Credit Card. I pay $115 a year for Prime Membership Offering free 2-day shipping and access to Prime Videos for free, unless a rental price is noted.
The Chase Credit card statement we receive has no details about the items or services you are charged for. They have an order number which leads you no where.
This does not allow me to check the charges for accuracy. When calling Amazon, they say this is a Chase issue. When Calling Chase, they say Amazon does not give them the information, so its an Amazon issue...So thats my first complaint. You can call Amazon and they will read the order numbers and they will tell you what it is for.
How very convenient. This is my first complaint, although I dont think there is much anyone can do. Do you?

My Major complaint is that I found I was being charged $16.32 per month (not all months) for Amazon Prime Video: They call it "Amazon Digital Services."
With specifically Apple TV, which I do not have. So Why are they charging me for individual movies when I should be getting for free. I did call and get the charges removed for 2019, but then I Went back in time and see I was charged in 2018! Now I do believe many many people are in the same boat, but because you cannot see what the charges are for, and the answer is to spend time on the phone with Amazon CS.. Amazon is making HUGE money on this.... Have you heard this before? What we I/We do?
thank you
Barbara

Attachments

Feb 12, 2019
Not sure about the latter, but with the former you can find the order numbers when you go into your orders on Amazon.com. I'm not sure why it's not helping you figure out what it's connected to? I love the feature of them including the order number in the info on my credit card statement. Much easier to associate a charge with an order. Way nicer than when I have multiple orders from other websites that only have the dollar amount and company show up on my statement.

Jun 8, 2017
I hear your preference, but Id rather look at the statement and if there is a charge I dont recognize, THEN I go to website.This is much faster then looking up every order from website, At least for me...
But I would like to hear from someone about the 2nd complaint. I think this one is very interesting.. An may effect many many people.
thank you

Feb 12, 2019
There is literally no other charge card that lists what you actually received on a statement - that's what a receipt is for. For everything else it's just the company charging you and the amount charged along with a date. Meanwhile if you click on the order number on the Amazon card it will take you directly to your Amazon orders.

I have no idea bout the second part as I've never been charged that. I wouldn't think it's likely you'll get money back from the 2018 charges, but a good reminder to check your statements more often.

Sep 19, 2015
When you charge something at the grocery store does the credit card company list the milk, eggs, cereal, whatever separately? No. That is not how charge accounts works. My credit card bill would be vast and long if it listed every purchase from the grocery/drug/pet store.

I have Amazon Prime and Prime video. Was there an actual purchase of a tv show or movie?

Mar 14, 2018
All a credit card bill will show you is the vendor--not the item.

Are you sure the $16.32 charge is for Prime Video? That's not what it costs. And digital product you buy from Amazon will appear as Amazon Digital Services on your credit card bill.

In your Amazon account, go to the Orders section and click on "Digital Orders". That should tell you what you are actually being billed for.

Jun 8, 2017
You are correct and Im sorry for using the wrong words. My other credit cards do not tell you what you purchased, but they do give you the company name, and I can almost always remember the charge and when I dont, I do go to Amazon to check. Im just saying with the Chase bill, I have to look at every charge, and since Im a big Amazon customer, that's a lot of checking.
And when I do click the arrow to the right of charge, I do not get any further details.. See images below for $139 purchase. Thank you for comments...
Barbara.

Attachments

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
We are saying that you will not be able to see any purchase details on your credit card statement. Credit card statements don't do that. If you want to know what you purchased from Amazon, you will have to log into your Amazon account and view your Order history. Your statement is showing the company name - Amazon Marketplace. That is all the detail you're going to get on a credit card statement.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2017
I had some weird Amazon charge for some additional digital services added to account online (separate and apart from my Prime account) but as I routinely check my account online I caught it before a charge could be put through.

When I contacted them about it, I was under the impression they were dropping it into accounts without pre-authorization from customers. Not good. but can't swear to it. I only know I never asked for it or even knew what it was.

Can't recall the exact amount but what OP mentions sounds similar, it was under $20 - it was a while ago and since I had it dropped off and made clear I did not want whatever it was, I never really thought about it again.

But, it was just yet another reason that I carefully review my accounts that I have online.

I like how easy it is to review my account info on Amazon, change things as needed and look up orders - and the feature where you can just "order again" on an item purchased in the past is convenient.

I keep all email confirmation of orders (for every vendor, not just Amazon) that I purchase online in a separate email folder so I can look up details of a charge I don't recognize on my credit cards. I make a separate one of these email folders for each year to make it easier to search - for various reasons.

Jun 24, 2019
What OP is asking for is called "country club billing," in which the statement had copies of the charge slips attachred. No one does this any longer. I'm not sure that many companies ever did this.

Sep 19, 2015
When you go to your Amazon account go to my orders -- open section for Digital orders if there is a question as to what was purchased.

This is what my last two Amazon Digital services charges look like -- blacked out the name of books as do not want it to look as if this is an endorsement or ad.

This way one can see exactly what was in the order.

Attachments

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I also buy a lot on amazon and some on eBay.
To be green, I don’t want to print all the orders, so I use a Note in my iPhone to keep track of these purchases.
I note the date, the amount, the item and the entity who will bill me.
08.18.19 amazon $14.66 magnesium
You could also do this on paper of course.
Since I use accounting software for all my bills and expenses I then just enter the purchases each month In order to complete the reconciliation of the monthly credit card bill.

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I agree with mmb, but I just put it on a piece of paper. I don't order much from Amazon, but I do make many hotel reservations, some for cash, some for points, some for a combination of points and cash. I just set up a form that I print out and fill in by hand. Date Made, Name of Trip, Property, Dates, Cost, Confirmation #. Then, if I change or cancel a res, I note it on my little form. Every week or so, I run my eye down the form to be sure I don't have any hotel reservations hanging out there that I've forgotten to change/cancel, or God forbid, duplicate reservations. One $386 charge from a NYC hotel that I forgot to cancel 15 years ago weighs heavily on my mind!