AMAZON GIFT CARDS PURCHASED AT LOWES.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
So we know a couple more things.... the person the OP sent the Gift Card info/codes to is someone she has known for a long time. So likely no scam there.

Next, apparently Amazon let slip the name of the person who used the cards and (all 3 cards???) were used by someone named Tyler.....

I have to wonder if Lowe’s has an employee named Tyler at the location these cards were sold at? Or if the Vendor who stocks that store with Amazon gift cards (Amazon cards sold at Lowe’s???? Really) has an employee named Tyler.

Gift cards are a big scam but if ALL three cards were used by the same person, “Tyler” I might be asking Lowe’s about an employee at that location.

Ok just thinking out loud....

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
"Selling them at the airport"? How is he selling Amazon gift card codes? This is in violation of every rule Amazon has. You're lucky Amazon isn't freezing your accounts.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
"Selling them at the airport"? How is he selling Amazon gift card codes? This is in violation of every rule Amazon has. You're lucky Amazon isn't freezing your accounts.
Actually these cards are not associated with any Amazon account because OP says she purchased 3 $100 cards at Lowe’s. Once again I did not realize Lowe’s sold any cards but their own.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2015
I had compromised plastic gift cards sent to me by a credit card company. In fact I recieved several in one envelope and each one when trying to redeem online stated "already been redeemed". They were Amazon cards so I started the complaint there. This was a long call and a lot of it spent on hold. I had given AMAZON the redemption code and PIN number. Finally I was told the cards were all redeemed and that they ARE able to track down whom and where redeemed, now that's what I was told. Amazon stated to contact the bank I received the cards from and I did, I was transferred to the Fraud Departmrnt at the bank, answered some questions I was asked. I also took photos of the cards and sent them on to the bank as well. I felt and mentioned that I believed it was the bank"s responsibility to not just research but also to replace the cards, initially denied but after s few more emails and a direct call to fraud department I was told they would be replaced and they were with overnight shipping. By the way,. this was within 6 months ago and the fraudulent cards I re eived had tape over the nides and pin numbers just like gift cards used in the past. The replacement ones were scratch off's. It is okay to buy gift cards in a physical store but. never buy from a store where the gift card displays are not displayed in a prominent area so as to help preventv illegal activity from occurring. And secondly, always grab your gift card purchase from the middle of the display and never take the first couple displayed on the display racks.
And finally, don't think egift cards are the solution. I had the same thing happen with an e-gift card!
How is someone going to tamper with an e-gift card unless they break into the email or account? They can't peel the "tape" off the e-gift card and put it back on again. They are much safer.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
AMA is exactly right. Your companion reselling these is illegal. This adds another issue. Did your companion discover the problem with the gift card or was it someone he sold it to?

You should not mention this in your letter - your account could be suspended.

Something just doesn’t seem right here.