Amazon.com Account "On Hold" help.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 22, 2019
Hi,

Firstly sorry to bother/disturb you but I needed a urgent help and though you might be able to help me out.

My amazon buyer account is putted on "hold" for last 3 days.The weird thing is I am yet to receive a single mail from them reasoning for the hold on my account,can you believe they put my account on hold without even notifying me.

So,I contacted them via their chat,and from last 3 days I talked with like 9-10 reps and all of them were a bunch of idiots giving me the same reply that I would receive a mail from "accounts team" in 24 hrs.But as I said I am yet to get my first mail regarding this from amazon.

What would you suggest me to do? Contact the higher executives ,i.e. Dave and Jeff now? If yes,can you please help me out with the email content I would be sending to them?

Just for information: I got like $800+ in gift card balance,and can assure this hold is not at all related to them and as told by one of those reps my account in on hold due to security of account or due to some errors in billing address.But they haven't even sent me a single mail requesting for anything,and no-more I got faith in their chat support.

Hoping for a help from a professional :)

Thank you,

Edited to remove foul language

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 16, 2018
Gift cards account for the highest percentage of Amazon closed account problems. The reason for this is the majority of criminal behavior/scams take place using gift cards.
Where do you live? Where did you purchase the cards from? We're all the cards purchased from the same location? Were all the cards purchased using the same credit/debit card? Where are you trying to send the purchases that you make?
Answering these questions will give us an idea of what is happening.

Apr 22, 2019
Gift cards account for the highest percentage of Amazon closed account problems. The reason for this is the majority of criminal behavior/scams take place using gift cards.
Where do you live? Where did you purchase the cards from? We're all the cards purchased from the same location? Were all the cards purchased using the same credit/debit card? Where are you trying to send the purchases that you make?
Answering these questions will give us an idea of what is happening.
I live in the US.There were different sources of he gift cards,and I already purchased a laptop using them but had to return it.No credit/debit card was involved.And the reps have confirmed it's not cause of the gift cards,but due to some error in billing address.

But I am still to get my first mail from them regarding this.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
First- where did you get the gift cards? It can be due to the gift card and where they came from. Did they ask for receipts for the gift cards? There are certain authorized sellers of gift cards and some not permitted. Money laundering is a huge problem with gift cards and Amazon must insure that you aren’t being “paid” from individuals with gift cards instead of legitimate ways for being paid for services.

If it’s due to your address not being verified, you should simply provide them with proof of address from your credit card. You say you are in the US but your IP address is in India. This could very well be the problem. Why is the IP in India?

We have company contacts on top of our pages for Amazon . Locate them, here is how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Apr 22, 2019
First- where did you get the gift cards? It can be due to the gift card and where they came from. Did they ask for receipts for the gift cards? There are certain authorized sellers of gift cards and some not permitted. Money laundering is a huge problem with gift cards and Amazon must insure that you aren’t being “paid” from individuals with gift cards instead of legitimate ways for being paid for services.

If it’s due to your address not being verified, you should simply provide them with proof of address from your credit card. You say you are in the US but your IP address is in India. This could very well be the problem. Why is the IP in India?

We have company contacts on top of our pages for Amazon . Locate them, here is how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
That's the real problem sir as I guess I messed up with my US delivery address with a prepaid card I used once and used the same address for the billing address of that card.

And the address is a reship address :(

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I chatted with two different CS reps yesterday and got conflicting information from them.
It is my opinion that these chatters are not very well informed.
They are very polite and apologetic but not armed to do much to resolve problems.
My package that was reported as ‘Delivered’ on Sunday afternoon has still not been delivered (Tuesday morning now.)
I’m not sure at this point if anyone at Amazon understands what is going on.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That's the real problem sir as I guess I messed up with my US delivery address witprepaid card I used once and used the same address for the billing address of that card.

And the address is a reship address :(
This is where you can see a problem- you claim you are in the US but your IP address is in India and you used a false billing address. And once they know you haven’t been truthful it’s very hard to have them reverse course.

Where did you obtain all these gift cards? You haven’t answered that question.

Amazon has reason to stop your account. In the vast majority of these cases there is always a reason why Amazon does what they do when we ask questions.

You need to be straight with Amazon and tell them you don’t live in the US. I don’t see them reopening your account until you do that. You broke their rules by not giving turn you true residence address. If we can see your IP address is not where you claim you live so can Amazon.

Use the link I gave you to read and follow the instructions on how to write.