Amazon close my account with funds on my gift card balance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 14, 2019
Buea, Cameroon
I wanted to purchase a camera on amazon.com but i realised my prepaid visa card has a limit in amount per transaction so i contacted amazon customer service and i was advice by an amzon associate to reload part of the money to my gift card balance which i did and before i knew it my amazon account went on hold and now closed.
Is there any way out of this???
Thanks

Jun 14, 2019
Buea, Cameroon
I didnt know it was a violation, i regret contacting them to close the account.
I forgot the password for the one i closed so i didnt have access to it by the time i wanted to place my orders. I'd never used the account for any transactions. I contacted amazon through the current account i was using to close the other one but they went ahead to close it wihout making me uderstand it will affect the current one.

Jun 14, 2019
Buea, Cameroon
When I try to login i get "Billing verification required." The account seems to be active because i still receive messages from the sellers from whom i bought items and i can access the access from amazon app but i cant place an order. I can also see the funds on my gift card balance.

Jun 14, 2019
Buea, Cameroon
I have sent the documents severally. Both on the login portal and through fax as they rquired but i havent gotten a reply. Sometimes i get emails from them that my account has been closed because it is linked to the recently closed account other times i receive emails to send my billing statement which i do.
I am even confused if the account has actually been closed or on hold.
This was is my first transaction with amazon by myself.

Mar 29, 2019
my account was also closed after I tried to buy a camera. Over the past year, I've made some very expensive purchases, including the imac pro for $7500. I often bought expensive premium lenses for my old camera. And I never had any problems. But when I tried to buy a new camera, my account was closed and I was no longer answered.
I've been writing to them every week for over three months now. So far, no results.
Amazon seems to think that photographic equipment is a high-risk sale. And closes accounts without explanation.

Jun 14, 2019
Buea, Cameroon
my account was also closed after I tried to buy a camera. Over the past year, I've made some very expensive purchases, including the imac pro for $7500. I often bought expensive premium lenses for my old camera. And I never had any problems. But when I tried to buy a new camera, my account was closed and I was no longer answered.
I've been writing to them every week for over three months now. So far, no results.
Amazon seems to think that photographic equipment is a high-risk sale. And closes accounts without explanation.
Its saddening