Amazon A to Z guarantee claim approved but promised refund never came.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 18, 2019
I filed a A-Z claim through amazon for a defective bicycle that I purchased and amazon approved the claim and updated my order to "seller approved your refund". The item was returned to the seller with a tracking number but I never received the promised refund from either amazon or the seller. I contacted amazon through their online chat and also on the phone on many (10+) occasions but have not been able to get anywhere. The most recent information they told me is that my claim was "denied" after it had been originally approved! I don't know what to do next. Should I write a letter? If so, to whom should I address the letter?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Jul 18, 2019
Hello again Neil. I sent a letter to customer service, no response after a week so sent another one to the primary executive contact, waited another week and still no response. What should I do next? Should I just give up on this?

Jul 18, 2019
Cayohueso, I already spent quite a bit of time with online chats....trying to go higher and higher up in the chain but got nowhere at all with them. But I do appreciate your response.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Stpeteguy, do you have confirmation that the bicycle was received by the seller? That's a very important part of your situation. Keep a stiff upper lip and don't give up ... they're counting on you giving up. If you know you're right and have proof, then eventually justice will prevail.

Jul 18, 2019
jsn55, I do have confirmation that the bicycle was received by the seller because it was sent back with a tracking number. But I still haven't been able to get anywhere even with having this information.

Jul 18, 2019
Neil, I emailed customer service first, waited 5 business days, then emailed the first company contact, and the 5th business day will be Monday of next week. No response to either of the emails. I guess Amazon has gotten too large to respond to emails from customers!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you are adding any attachments, it might send the emails to spam. It’s best to tell them you have the paperwork and can provide it once you make contact. And when you write to the next executive, start out saying “I hope you can help me- I’ve written to Customer Service on xx/xx and Xxxxxx Xxxxx on xx/xx and haven’t received a response”

That sometimes will get the attention of the Executives

Jul 18, 2019
Come to think of it, I did add two attachments to my email showing screenshots of "Your refund was approved" because I thought it would be important to include them in the email. Maybe it caused the emails to go to spam. I'll try it the way you suggest. Thank you for the other tips as well.

Jul 18, 2019
Just wanted to give an update: As of today, emails were sent to customer service, primary executive contact, and 2nd executive contact - after waiting 1 week between each contact/email. Still no response from any of the emails. By Monday of next week, I'll send the same email to Mr. Bezos who is listed as the 3rd executive contact.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you get no response the next step is to file another report with us telling us you emailed all the executives and didn’t get any responses. The advocates will look at the case and your emails and if it’s something they think they can advocate, they’ll contact you.