Allegiant Makes Unauthorized Charges to My Credit Card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 9, 2016
Christine,

As you did not authorize the charges, first contact the airline (in writing) of that fact and ask them to reimburse your credit card. You can use the contacts provided by this website. Make your request concise, and without emotion, as the person reading it didn't cause the problem and is in a position to help you.

If the airline doesn't resolve this within a timely manner, then dispute the charges as unauthorized with your bank. The key, though, is you need to show that you gave the merchant an opportunity to resolve it first. Be mindful of any deadlines imposed by your bank. Most allow disputes up to 60 days from the date of the statement the charge appears on.

Good Luck.
THIS

This is your solution. You did not authorize the charges and you do not feel like paying for them. This is your recourse. Start with the airline. I can almost guarantee you that the airline is going to do nothing. then move to the credit card company and dispute the charges based on the fact that you were not present when your card was used and did not authorize or sign for the items. Theft charges will be filed and someone (your step children, or their mother) will be held accountable.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
@Christine Wilson

I have already been in communication with Allegiant.

Good grief to you! She has been asked to reimburse the money it. She has refused. I thought this site would offer more insight on the practices of Allegiant Air!! I don't need advice on how to deal with the mother of my step-children.
You have clearly made this about your husbands former wife. Your anger oozes off the page and "Diminishes" your case. What Alliegent allowed to happen was wrong, and should not have happened. Write a brief, polite and to the point letter, leaving your anger at home where it belongs.
As my oh so polite colleagues have already suggested write to the Alliegent contacts shown on this website.

May 17, 2016
Whoa, whoa!!! Why would you be filing criminal charges? These charges aren't fraudulent since they are associated with tickets for your (step) children to bring their bags on their flight. I think there are a multitude of things you can do to straighten this out that do not involve law enforcement or DOT.
Was it agreed upon with the children's mother that she would pay the baggage fees? If so, why don't you just ask her for reimbursement? Also, what is your spouse's take on this? Your stance seems unnecessarily aggressive.
Methinks there may be a bit of friction between Mom and Stepmom. Let's not make it worse, please. Apparently the airline can charge the credit card that is associated with the tickets. There's no fraud nor any other crime here. Perhaps the children's father can ask his ex for reimbursement? If that would exacerbate the situation, it may be best to let it go for the sake of the children.

May 17, 2016
I have already been in communication with Allegiant.

Good grief to you! She has been asked to reimburse the money it. She has refused. I thought this site would offer more insight on the practices of Allegiant Air!! I don't need advice on how to deal with the mother of my step-children.
Apparently you do. Your anger is palpable. For the sake of the children, please let it go.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No, you didn't do anything wrong - she was here last week but opted not to comment any further. She may not be getting anything else out of our suggestions but I do agree with her that Allegiant's policy is not right and I hope she fights with them to change that policy.