Allegiant Communication

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 23, 2017
I accidentally booked my family's return flight from Arizona to Minnesota on the wrong Sunday. I noticed within 24 hrs and tried to change, but the button on Allegiant's app to change or cancel the flight did not work. I tried calling, but got disconnected after waiting 45 minutes. Later when I got on a laptop rather than my phone I sent an email asking for help. After no response, I called again. They said they had to charge me a change fee for all four of us since it was over 24 hrs. I didn't like that since it was a problem with their system, but accepted. I said the car rental was a horrible price for that length of time and I didn't want it. The customer service rep came back on the line after calculating the cost and I thought she said I owed $83 - which seemed reasonably close to what I calculated ($75x4-$210). You can imagine my surprise when the credit card bill came with over $1,000 in additional charges. When I called back to ask about it, I was told that they had kept the rental car on there and extended it to the full length of my trip - the representative had said $883! The only option they would give me for cancelling the rental car was to get an Allegiant credit that would expire in January 2018 for a trip I'm taking in March 2017, which would be useless. This representative recommended emailing customer care who had more options to help. I emailed them over a month ago and received a form email back saying I would hear back from them within a week, but nothing since.

What's my desired resolution? Ideally they would wave the change fees, cancel the car rental and reimburse me for it. I could live with just cancelling the car and reimbursing me. My parents just purchased a place in AZ, so I have reason to fly down there in March every year. I might try Allegiant again if they were reasonable in their handling of this matter.

Date of transaction/travel date: Original purchase was Jan 8th, 2017. Current flights are 3/9-3/19.

Feb 9, 2016
Time to start writing the contacts!

Compose your timeline into a bulleted list by date. Include the facts only. Don't be accusatory or emotional. in fact, be 'understanding' and mention that they must be overwhelmed with calls since they were not picking up. Explain how you have always received exceptional customer service before, and have enjoyed flying with them.

If you placed the calls on your cell phone, or on your land line, get a hold of the call log, take a picture/screen shot that call log and send it, embedded, with your email. this way you can clearly show that you called within 24 hours AND stayed on the phone waiting for an agent to resolve.

Ask for what you want which should include asking for the change fee back especially if you can show that you did call back within 24 hours.

here is the link to our contacts for allegiant
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/allegiant/
start with the primary contact and wait a week, if no answer or declined, move onto the next contact and email.

Let us know how it is going

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Time to start writing the contacts!

Compose your timeline into a bulleted list by date. Include the facts only. Don't be accusatory or emotional. in fact, be 'understanding' and mention that they must be overwhelmed with calls since they were not picking up. Explain how you have always received exceptional customer service before, and have enjoyed flying with them.

If you placed the calls on your cell phone, or on your land line, get a hold of the call log, take a picture/screen shot that call log and send it, embedded, with your email. this way you can clearly show that you called within 24 hours AND stayed on the phone waiting for an agent to resolve.

Ask for what you want which should include asking for the change fee back especially if you can show that you did call back within 24 hours.

here is the link to our contacts for allegiant
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/allegiant/
start with the primary contact and wait a week, if no answer or declined, move onto the next contact and email.

Let us know how it is going
I don't know what I could possibly add to this good advice, Dawn. I love the concept of proving that you called within the 24-hour period.

ADVOCATE ADVICE
In the future, try not to prepay for a rental car, and make airline reservations on a computer where there is less chance of error. I pretend to be a little old lady and read everything three times before I hit the Purchase button; keeps me out of trouble. And I usually put the whole res together, make notes of what I'm going to book, then shut it down and come back the next day ... just to be sure I'm not overlooking anything. Change/cancel fees make me furious, so I don't ever want to incur one. My husband would never let me hear the end of it, not to mention my colleagues here.

Feb 23, 2017
Good news! Within hours of sending an email to the primary contact provided on the list, I got a phone call. They are reimbursing the change fees and the car rental to my credit card. Thanks for your help!