Allegiant again

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 18, 2018
A little background. Haven't been away in 20 years, health issues, lost 37-year-old son in 2015 then a 45-year-old son in 2017 so I was convinced to get away. Allegiant flys ABE to MYR on Mondays and Fridays.
Day of flight we arrive at 9:30am after a half hour we're told of a delay inbound plane had to land in Baltimore. At noon they cancelled our trip BUT that same airplane came in a few hours later and was used on an ABE to PGD. Rather than hold us a couple more hours and cancel a flight not scheduled for 4 hours later we lost it all.
For me, I would have lost over 24 hours of a 96-hour trip. 1/4 or 25%
My motel was cancelled at no penalty and so was my rental car. I cancelled Allegiant but they say no compensation and won't book another week at the same rate.

Ironically this is the Monday after the 60 minutes report on Allegiant aired. Do they care at all about people or just money?

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you saying Allegiant cancelled your flight and refused to refund you?

That’s illegal if that is what you are saying. We have company contacts on top of our page. Read that page where we advised you how to write to the company, then start writing. Start at Customer service.

Let us know how you make out.

Apr 18, 2018
Are you saying Allegiant cancelled your flight and refused to refund you?

That’s illegal if that is what you are saying. We have company contacts on top of our page. Read that page where we advised you how to write to the company, then start writing. Start at Customer service.

Let us know how you make out.
Technically not a cancellation but a reschedule to next day 26 hours later. Totally stressed me out so I cancelled everything. Motel 100% refund, car 100% refund but have to wait for Allegiant 10 business days they said.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They still should refund you - they did cancel the flight and reschedule you.

It’s amazing that they charge you real fast but the refund can take 10 days. If you haven’t been credited back within 10 business days- use our company contacts to write.

Did you watch 60 Minutes last Sunday?